danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Super Mario 3D All Stars

| I got it, and it's really fucking solid. While it's sad that they chose the patched version of M64, it's still more than worth it in my opinion. The games run perfectly, look really fucking good, feel fucking amazing. I don't have any complaints.

Anyone else here who got it and potentially have different opinions on it?

| I love how everyone wanted it for Sunshine and now everyone is hating Sunshine again. The cycle of life.

There should have been a lot of quality of life changes. These games are dated and they have design choices lot of people complained about when they were released.

| But for me, the main issues are that Mario is really slow in Galaxy (could have gotten 3d World deluxe treatment) and sometimes designed for kids, also mandatory touch screen in portable. Sunshine feels rewarding for experience players as the original but bad control choices, After hours of playing I can't get I have to aim with stick pressing rather than pressing Y. Sm64 is not SM64DS and there are DS references in both Sunshine and Galaxy.

| Also I though people complaining about inverted Axis in N64 and Sunshine were exaggerating, but now that I tested it it's so unnatural for muscle memory I even died some times because of it.
Oh and not All-Stars related, but to fix SM64 Aspect ratio you can use the Switch Zoom option, but you can't hide the layout so it's useless to do so.

| But what really bothers me isn't about the compilation but all those people believing there would be new content or Galaxy 2 being hidden or future DLC. It's Nintendo. Never expect, and stop giving hope to those who are sensitive.

| Oh post data. The games run on emulators, is not a real issue but in Sunshine you can see simulated lag like if you were playing on a Game Cube, you can see it in Delphino plaza and it feels stupid this game lagging on Switch. >>701065 so for me the games aren't that solid. They shouldn't be treated like 2020 games because they aren't unlike most remasters.

| >>701162
They're not 2020 games, and if someone genuinely expects that they're kinda retarded. Why is it so hard for people to look at a product before they purchase it?

For me it's perfect, because it said exactly what it is. SM64, Sunshine and Galaxy ported to Switch, which is what I wanted. Why would you expect anything other than what it is?

| >>701190 Because Nintendo left expectations too high before with Zelda HDs because there was actually effort behind those port. Wind Waker HD for Wii U took six months of development, the same time this Collection took. So of course there would be people who had wet dreams about big N quality.

| >>701232
That's not an "of course". That's people expecting things that have never been promised. I guess that is an "of course" in the gaming community though, since everyone has the mindset of companies and developers owing them something and treat games as something that isn't just a product.

Idk. I'm not saying they couldn't have made it better. They could have. But they were open about what the product was, so I don't see the point in complaining.

| Soy alert.

| >>701241 "of course" because there are always people who think so. Look at how many are still waiting for Half Life 3 or how many were waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 (it finally happened though). It's like these people believing Mario Galaxy 2 will be released as Dlc when that has never happened before.
The point in complaining is that Sm64 and Sunshine has been asked for remake or pseudo-sequel for a long time, releasing a collection delays a possible remake for 20 more years.

| >>701276 not defending the complaining of course, but defending the existence of it.

As long as this is just for Mario and they don't start doing the same for other franchises I'm not adding myself to the complaining. Except I just think there should have been QoL, nothing more.

| >>701279
Of course it would have been nice, but I also kinda like that there isn't. Maybe that sounds kinda dumb, but I just wanted pure SM64, pure Sunshine and pure Galaxy, and that's what I got. A remake or big overhaul with a bunch of qol improvements would have been cool, but that's not what was advertised and not what I wanted, so, I'm really happy about it.

Also, this is basically just me ranting. It's barely even related to what you actually said.

| >>701259 fuck off

| >>701321 if you want the lazy as port because its more faithfull then why dont you just emulate the games for free? If nintendo does high quality ports to starfox, kirby, zelda etc then why is mario, their mascot and biggest franchise being lazely ported and having the vault treatment? they clearlly just wanted a quick buck and I wont buy a product of such low quality unless it gets better or I just feel really bored and feek the need to play those games in a switch

| >>701371 wich is still dumb since I can just use a enulator with mods, any controller I want, better graphics and then put it all on a laptop to make it portable

| >>701371
Because I want to play it on Switch and I don't mind spending money on that. Is there a problem?

| >>701395 asside from the low standarts, no not really

| >>701398
Will you ever learn how to spell standards?

| >>701398
Doesn't matter to me if it's low standarts. I just support what I like.

| >>701371 you were answering to the wrong comment. Because I too think this was a lazy port for the price it has been tagged. Also its more faithful to play the original games on their original consoles.
>>701374 And also, you can emulate this on a tablet or even your smartphone (Mario 64 runs on every device possible since forever, the other two are more demanding but any snapdragon covers them) to make it truly portable.

| >>701404 STFU grammar bitch

| >>701423 eh, but I never mentioned you, look at the ids, asside that misunderstanding yeah I tottaly agree with you

| >>701447
Spelling errors aren't grammar lol

| >>701423
The g/u/to did respond to me, and as I stated, I have no problem spending money on it. While I did get it as a gift, I was going to buy it, so, same shit.

I don't mind spending money on getting a game that could be emulated on a console I like.

| Tfw soyboys on /u/...

Total number of posts: 26, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1601458367

This thread is permanently archived