danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How to get into MonHun.

| The game is objectively a really good game, what with the detail that goes into the monster, environment, your combat style, amongst other things. Problem is, I don't find myself getting into it, even though I really want to so I can kill dinos with my buddies. What do?

| I suppose you are refering to MH World as everyone loses their shit for some reason with it, back in Tri there was an arena mode with already predefined some sets and you could play with a friend, so you can explore all the mechanics and monsters while having to worry about materials and that stuff if you just want to try it.
In the 3DS games the alternative was the Demo, which was exactly the same but outside the arena.

| Meh, the monst, envi and co-sty are all basic as fu and this is objy true bae

| My way of getting into it was to play on my own, relaxed play while not caring much about the story neither multiplayer. It was easier back in Tri because it had an Open World mode. In Gens and Freedom Unite was the same, multiplayer just kills the real experience if you haven't played enough. When you already can defend yourself, doing some missions in multiplayer for grinding purposes is funnier.

| 1 try to find a weapon that you really like
2 learnt how to play that weapon
3 play the game
4 learn how to fight monsters
5 learn the pattern of the monsters
6 if you still dont feel like it then the game really wasnt for you

| Are you talking about World or Generations Ultimate?

| >>699433 World.

>>b4d1a3 I'd argue the multiplayer experience enhances it, since it gives you more options to formulate tactics, but I haven't been having as much fun playing with randoms I added, so I'm going to try it with a friend to see if it's different.

| Okay, since you're talking about World then >>699175 is pretty much the way to go. In World there's a training room where you can practice and try out each weapon. GenU doesn't have anything like that so 3 is the first step.

| >>699906 actually genu has that too but its more convoluted, if you talk to any guild girl uou will have a tutorial option for everysingle weapon wich gives you and arena and a pisseasy monster

| >>699982 the convoluted-ness is kinda what I mean by "doesn't have anything like that". In World you can switch weapons on the fly,see possible combos, and practice by hitting a log and barrels. In GenU you're locked to the weapon and hunting style that you went in the quest in, and instead of really being a tutorial they just throw you in the arena with a Great Maccao and wish you luck. It's not really first time player friendly.

| >>700097 true, well all monster hunter games before world were not very beginner friendly

| >>700114 yet 4 Ultimate introduced as many new players as World did.

| >>700180 nope, world was the high point of the whole frachise

| >>700219 In term of sales yes, but in reality no. If Monster Hunter 4 never got the success it got outside of Japan, World would have sales near the PSP era. The fame was already building up in the majority of the audience during 3-4, those players extended the game's popularity.
4 was the main consequence of the suscess of World plus next generation platforms where it's easier to find, purchase (lot of online sales) and play it.

| To my last point, on Nintendo platforms the games right now are around 30 if you are luckly, 20 in eShop sales, while World has been half the price since 2 months after release. That of course always helps because Nintendo is hella expensive.

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1600977721

This thread is permanently archived