danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
any overly complex vidya that is hard to get into?

| i like these type of games, except games like catacylsm dda or dwarf fortress. also not games with rng turn based combat since those makes me want to blow my brains off

| Terraria

| eve online

| Unreal world - a survival roguelike set in ancient finland. Trap, trade, farm, and hunt to survive in the wilderness

Societ Republic - state capitalism simulator 2019, a city/region building game that has a lot of different mechanics than the ones built on american style zoning logic

Xonotic - my favorite arena shooter, in the quake tradition. It has a pretty small and high-skilled community, but unlike some others was always friendly when i played it

| Aurora 4x & any Paradox Interactive game.

| Call of duty cold war

| DotA 2.

| Tekken 7, if you don't mind fighting games.

| Elite: Dangerous, maybe? There's a lot to learn right from the start and it can feel a bit too overwhelming when you're just starting

| Dominions series by Illwinter Games.

| I've heard Tales of Maj'Eyal is pretty long and complex

| Some mmos, age of empires, path of exile?

| >>698021
I wouldn't put Xonotic on that list since it's certainly a lot easier to get into than other arena shooters. They've streamlined a lot of stuff with automatic speed jumping and wallgrabs etc.

It's a very good and well made game though. I highly recommend it.

| Elona+(?)

| >>698182 fair, i just listed it because it took me a long time to get up to skill with anyone

| >>698009
Terraria is baby easy.
I would know I was like 12 when I first played it.

Also >>697908 Space Station 13.
Too complicated on surface level but makes more sense once you sit with it for a minute.

| >>698425 and it probably didnt even have the 1.3 version, and you used the wiki during the whole thing

I dare you to play it and finish it again on the 1.4 version with no wiki

| civilization 5 or 6

| Armored core. It's a mecha simulator basically the controls are complicated and you have to manage every single aspect of the mech when you are buying new parts, you have to worry about cooling, weigh, fuel etc. And if you lose a mission in some games you don't even get to retry the game just keeps going. It's a really fun game

| Endless Space 2

| Nomic

| >>698453 When the game was new I never even touched the wiki. Sure nowadays there's a literal boatload of content I wouldn't know about either way.

| >>698669 well at that point is was just a harder 2d minecraft but nowadays its much more complex and harder game

| Path of Exile

| 7th Saga.

| Shenzen io, gotta read a pdf to play and is very well made.

Although playing it just makes me want to do dev work.

| >>698020 i second this

| Shin Megami Tensei (Main series, not Persona spin off, but Persona 1 and 2 are also interesting)

| escape from tarkov

| >>698871 seconding shenzhen io. even if you end up not liking the main game it also comes with solitaire.

| >>699208
Wait. SMT? From what I remember SMT is not very complex. At least the one I played.

| Obligatory aurora4x.

Total number of posts: 32, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1600788236

This thread is permanently archived