danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
So the US Army made an e-sports team and people are bringing up the war crimes they've done in the pass

|

| *past

| The people are braver than the marines

| Fuck cancel culture, let the e-sports team be, they prolly arent even the ones who commited those crimes.

| Regardless of who the people in that e-sport team is, it's perfectly valid to tell them what the hands that feed them have done.

| >>679056 Those hands also feed you.
And regular citizens don't get their hands dirty only because someone else volunteered.

| Some people have really weird hobby

| Is that something new? In every war there are war crimes. It's unavoidable. I understand dissaproving of war and especially war crimes, but this is just video games. Like, fuck sake. At least the US Army are spending their as absolutely insane budget on something that isn't just insane amounts of weapons and explosives. They really don't need more of that.

| >>679152 100% agree.

| >>679065 not everyone in this world is american lmao

| >>679162 I'm speaking in general. Every country has a military that's doing terrible things. Besides, USA's hands can stretch across the Pacific.
But that's a /new/ discussion.

| Sounds like a good way to get yourself on a Federal watch-list.

| Lemee throw my phone because it is made in china with Uyghur slave child labor

| This world just needs to be nuked. Everyone dead, you don't deserve to live

| >>679474
Videogames are serious buisiness, huh?

| Weren't their biggest war crime tweeting "UwU"

| >>679582 for real! Lets cancel them, NOW!

| >>679164
1. The US military doesnt feed its citizens. It exists as a bloated entity off of like 70% of their tax dollar and has not in any way meaningfully improved the lives of Americans since arguably WWII (given the war economy boom).

2. While every country has a military only America's currently occupies 2/3 of the world with bases in developing countries, and only America has far and away the highest body count for civillian deaths in foreign countries. Easily.

| >>679164
Your only valid point is that the esports folks (probably) arent in any way connected to the many, many, many deaths, displacements, bombing runs, and war crimes that their parent organisation is. But that, too was already addressed.

Idk man do better than try and normalise imperialist terrorism with "all the cool countries are doing it"

| >>680109 war crimes happen cuz it war, you cant shoot people on parachutes buy if you were risking your life would you lete the person trying to kill you safely fall with his whole gang and shoot you? If you could get info from an enemy would you no? Would you just keep sending your own comrades to death? Would you reveal all secrets of your country and risk the lives of the people wich includes your family and friends? I bet you lot never even listened to history classes of war.

| And war crimes have nothing to do with e-sports the people whinning are a bunch of babies who couldnt even watch a war movie to at least have an impression of how horrible war is and what it does to peoples minds, you might call them crazy or savages but these soldiers were just young men drafted from their houses trying to survive and save their country, so give them and their sar crimes break ok? Its all in the past.

| >>680114

War crimes happen because people commit them. And war happens because...people enact them. More importantly, for all that pointless rhetoric you just ignored the actial point, which is that America is the single most militaristic nation on earth a couple times over, and the most in human history bar none. By basic logic they cause more war crimes by causing more wars in countries they got no business being in.

Already made my point re any possible complicity esports has

| >>680116

Like you can argue that "shit happens" all you want bit the point is that America cahses shit to happen at rates that far outstrip any other country's military. If you don't understand why ppl are bothered by that but somehow think clowning on some pr for their esports is somehow too far or offbase you're straight out of touch lmao

Like those twitter reps arent all gutted over this or taking it personally. Or maybe they are in which case LOL

| >>e59071 For real, let's continue this discussion in /new/ or at least /d/. I'm sure there will be a lot of people willing to discuss this topic, myself included.

| >>680120 >>680121 well its certainly not the governaments fault, Trump was trying to pull out the forces on Asia but the people and the midia were saying that it would be bad.

| >>680122 The D is for Doujin, not Degeneracy.

| >>680123
Trump =/= the Government

| >>680122 >>680127

| >>680123
You're dangerously retarded

| >>680127 Debatable. But yeah, I've meant /u/.

| ☢️☢️This thread is now a yank politics wasteland☢️☢️

Total number of posts: 31, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1595011475

This thread is permanently archived