danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I tried minecraft rtx demo

| It looks good

It doesn't change my mind that ray tracing is unnecessary for a good gameplay experience

But it looks damn good. It makes for a neat expensive toy

| It's almost like that's the whole point

| >>670484 yeh, but it runs smooth too, and I'm only using 2060 while offline ray tracing still looks terrible without hours of rendering + denoising. it does look a tad glitchy though, like glass became opaque in mirrors. that's pretty odd.

| How does it compare to shader packs

| >>670946 Shader packs are normally made by people whose name is unknown at all, are unoficial, which means compatibility and profesionability are low and mostly working for free or Patreon. Also most of shader packs available on Minecraft Bedrock are literally rip-offs from who knows which was the original and all they do is tweek some lighting to make them different, you can see how the water' shader is literally an image that moves with you in these rip-offs.

| >>670946 glasses are reflective and refractive, and global illumination is pretty cool. you can tint an entire room blue using tinted glasses and sunlight.

though I just realized that the smoothness (60 fps) was a lie. they didn't compute everything in one frame but instead layered many frames together (?) which creates ghosting effect and "laggy" lighting.

Total number of posts: 6, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1592603064

This thread is permanently archived