danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Itch.io Bundle Gems

| Figured it'd be smart to make a thread to sift through literally over 1000 games. Post the gems you've noticed in the bundle, so the rest of us know what to play first!

| Guess I'll start. I noticed Celeste in there, which is a pretty big game, as is OneShot. 2064: Read Only Memories is in there, so if you've heard of the name because of VA-11 Hall-A, but haven't played it yet, now is your chance. Kids was pretty big on YouTube for a while, as was Social Interaction Trainer. That's just what I saw on the first few pages.

| Some massive fully-illustrated TTRPG rulebooks:
- Lancer (mecha)
- Troika (surrealist science-fantasy)
- Blades in the Dark (Victorian-era rogues)
- Glitter Hearts (magical girls)
- Corvid Court (fantasy rogues. ok this one is neither massive nor illustrated, but I like it)

| Oxenfree and Night in the Woods are pretty obvious ones, but I feel like they gotta be mentioned. Overland and Paranautical activity are pretty good quality as well.

| Heavy Bullets and Mable & The Wood are both great games that I played prior to the bundle.

Miasma Caves looks really good but I haven't played it yet.

The Novelist I kept an eye on before but never purchased it. It's like gone home but you play as a ghost.

If you enjoy games such as to the moon then I recommend The Mortician's Tale

| So far I've played A Short Hike and I liked it so much I decided to buy the game directly afterwards to support the devs.

Other than that, a few other games caught my eye but I haven't played them yet. "No Delivery" seems promising though.

| Those I played on steam (the first two I bought).
Your future Self: a good pixel story/game (the dark mindfuck kind).
Kids: a very weird interactive animation.
Death and taxes is like Paper Please with a Death bureaucracy (decent but less fun though)

| Oh shoot, Supergiant Games just added Pyre to the bundle. Definitely worth a play.

I tried a game called Beglitched yesterday. It's kinda hacker-themed but also very uwu puzzle battle game. The UI is delicious.

| "a new life." by Angela He is pretty short but it really fucked me up in ways I did not expect to be fucked up in anymore.

| >>669112 angela he has been one of my fav artists for quite a while, would recommend anyone check out her stuff

| 1,500+ now. Holy shit. Just bought the bundle today.

| Closing in on 1,700 now. This shit is insane.

| Yup, it even grew more, but I don't see anywhere a list of which new games got actually added.

I saw Steam Marines 1 & 2 which are pretty much worth it.

Anybody saw any new gems?

| Old Man's Journey is worth a playthrough. It's a very chill and easy puzzle game that focuses on a simple story. There's no dialogue so it's all show and no tell.

| It's not a big game or anything, but I've had a lot of fun with [SPEER]. It's a platformer, where you use your spear to make a platform to jump on. The puzzles are pretty fun imo. It's part of the bundle, so if you're getting it, be sure to check it out.

| Vignettes is a cute game about toys that turn into other toys when viewed at certain angles, would recommend it to anyone. Also if ur into weird shit that's more art installation than game check out mu cartographer

| >>668811 just played through A Short Hike. Wow this is better than I thought. I assumed it was going to be a walking simulator with just a chill atmosphere. Turns out to be an engaging game with traversal mechanics and various optional quests/objectives. I jokingly called Death Stranding if it looked like Animal Crossing.

| >>669788 I know right? The whole time I thought "this is basically botw without the combat". The character dialogues are so comfy too.

| >>669788 You have peaked my interest, good gurl.

| EATGIRL and IMSCARED and PICO-8! All great choices.

Not sure who cares about it but considering I think it was popular at some point, Octodad is also in the bundle.

| Super Hexagon is in there. Also Bleed 1 and 2 are pretty fun semi bullet hell shooters.

| Someone made a tool where you can filter according to type/genre/tags for the bundle: https://randombundlegame.com

| >>669910
Is there any way to sort the list by most recently included yet?

| Get Indie Gaming uploaded a video recommending 30 hidden gems!

https://youtu.be/Po2nyyGdDlU

| Quadrilateral Cowboy is great, it's basically a cyberpunk heist game.

| It's taken me about 2 days to read each game page and download all the ones I'm interested in.

| >>669777 Mu Cartographer is weird as fuck. I enjoy the exploration aspect, but half the time I have no idea what's going on.

| Oooo

| Oooo

| Oooo

| If any of you g/u/rls are interested in developing games, there's a game engine called DragonRuby in the bundle. It's a bit like Love2d, but I find it easier to use.

| >>670528
If any of you g/u/rls are interested in developing games, you really should just be using Unity. BUT, there's like a crapton of various assets in this bundle, so that's pretty cool.

| >>670532

Just stepping in but DragobRuby may be worth considering for anyone with programming experience, it's not just a random engine.

It's made by the same guy who made SDL, which is a hardware abstraction library used in almost every single cross platform game

| >>670532
Actually, Unity is pretty trash and hard to work with. Godot is completely free and you can change the engine yourself because it's open source. It can do essentially everything Unity can, but it's easier to use and doesn't fuck up constantly.

| >>670570
Look, I really like Godot, but literally who actually uses it on a more or less larger scale? If it is just a hobby, sure, you can use Godot (as do I). If you want to ACTUALLY get into gamedev, Unity is the better way to start.

| >>670636
Why though? Godot is a better engine.

| G/u/rls please move the engine talk to the other thread

>>668927
Gonna second Death and Taxes, but I disagree it's "less fun" than Papers, Please. Death and Taxes has more reading and less eyestrain and the vibe is more light-hearted.

| >>670742
It's pretty bad for 3D and practically no one really knows it or cares about it.

| I played a game called "Bold Blade" from the bundle. The gimic is you just keep making your blade bigger and you only control the movement of your character- and where you swing the sword. It's weirdly well made.
Also played "Lonely Wold Treat the RPG" it was a demo but was sorta super lame. Nothing happens in it except you make curry I guess.
Also a demo called "Ghost Story" I got stuck on the wind puzzle because the game soft locked me I think.

Total number of posts: 39, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1592516302

This thread is permanently archived