danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Your opinion about Shin Megami Tensei series

| Lately I feel a little resentment for this series. It was forgotten in the shadow of its own spin-off. However, this is a wonderful series and as for me - no worse than FF

| Still one of my favorite franchises. Just wish SMTV would get some news.

| Fantastic series overall. Not too big on 4A and late-stage Persona, but put those aside, and the rest is just amazing.
>It was forgotten in the shadow of its own spin-off
Just wait. That's it. SMTV is most definitely in the works, but shit takes time. Even P5 had a few long delays between its initial reveal, later trailers, and actual release.

| One of my favourite series. I love its interpretation of mythologies for the design if its demons. I love how it always have some grand stories about fighting gods and all that.

I like it more when it's being gritty ala mainline SMT, but I can appreciate it when it's being earnestly anime in modern Persona or even that weirdo Tokyo Mirage Session.

And as a fan of turn-based battles, I like how difficult-but-fair the battles are. Few can pull that off these days

| more like shit megami tensei amirite

| >>664114 gonna get p7 dancing chrome before we get smt 5

| >>664148
The very implication of more Persona entries coming out before a new SMT is wild, not gonna lie to ya, anon. Seriously, just give it some time :V
>>664125
Kaneko's demon designs are truly timeless. There's a lot to be said from the fact that P5 and SMTV's trailers didn't even bother changing 'em up all that much, if at all.
>>664127
lmaoooo

| I like it, but I prefer Persona. I want to play more of the original games though, because Apocalypse probably wasn't the best entry point to the series.

| >>664234
I'd highly recommend trying Devil Survivor 1. It's a good bridge between Persona's teenage drama and mainline SMT's "we got to kill gods" mentality, better than Apocalypse.

| SMT? What is that?

There only game Atlas has made is Persona 5, and it's actually just video let's plays on YouTube. I should know as I am a Persona fan as I have purchased the Smash DLC.

| >>664427
This would've been funny if it wouldn't hurt so much.

| >>664362
I don't really care too much about the teenage drama part. I've just been enjoying the general story, gameplay, combat and really everything more than I did apocalypse. I've been recommended Devil Survivor a lot though, so I probably should get around to it one day.

| >>664465
If you didn't like the gameplay/combat in Apocalypse, you probably won't like it in Devil Survivor either. The story and atmosphere are top notch there though.

| >>664528
I don't mind the combat, but I prefer P5.

| >>664529
Well, that's fair. P5 is probably the most polished JRPG out there.

| >>664537
For real. I'll probably buy SMTV whenever that comes out.

| >>664547
...I am so not used to "for real" not being a question now

| >>664598
Old fag?

| >>664627
*Ryuji's voice* For real?

Total number of posts: 19, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1591069959

This thread is permanently archived