danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
HARD modes

| Why do games lock the hardest difficulty behind clearing the game once?
I absolutely hate that, especially in RPGs. I grind and minmax as best I can because I love playing like that and at the end of that "hardmode" playthrough the endgame boss is a little bitch.

I already reached a sense of finality cause the game's over and so I don't like re-playing games and I never end up fighting anything really worth the effort I put in in minmaxing.

| I guess there are extra postgame stuff sometimes, but it doesn't have the same feel cause it's usually not connected to the story at all.

| I remember a streamer I watched downloaded a save or something to play the hardest difficulty of Metal Gear Rising on his first playthrough. I should start doing that.

| >>664006 You could just use the Konami Code to unlock Revengeance difficulty.

| Maybe that's what he did. Never actually watched him play that. I admire his spirit, but I don't wanna watch a dude run into a wall for hours on end.

| Yeah, I hate that too. I liked how Diablo does it, where you have 3 or 4 difficulties right off the bat, and as soon as you've reached a certain point you unlock 16 new difficulties, so you can always keep it challenging. That's not really a game you can minmax that hard though, and that's the only game I know that does difficulty that way.

Total number of posts: 6, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1590863453

This thread is permanently archived