danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Thoughts on Minecraft Dungeons

| What's your thoughts? Have you tried it?

Purely based on the videos I've seen, the gameplay itself looks pretty sick. The way they do their builds and classes and shit kinda Skyrim like. Just use the shit you wanna use to get better at using it, and make your own build. It also has a lot of different abilities and spells and weapons and shit.

I love Diablo, and I think this looks like a pretty solid Dungeon Crawler, though I have yet to play it.

| They nailed the Diablo III experience, boring to watch, boring to play. I really tried hard to get deep into both games and both repels me.

| >>663546
Damn.

| I could imagine myself playing it but only if it was on 150% speed

| >>663546 +1

| Slapping Minecraft to the title irks me, there's no mining or at least even CRAFTING in this game. Obviously just named it the way it is so kids would be baited to a watered down Diablo.

| >>664360
Congrats. You managed to figure out their extremely basic marketing strategy.

| >>664469
Tbh I might have even bought the game if it was an original IP (or at the very least something other than Minecraft, but less likely), and now I won't. But I do realize that I am probably in the minority on this topic.

| >>664498
Well, yeah. You seem to be one of those people who think "Ew, popular franchise name, that means it's bad." Maybe you're not, but I really don't see the issue. It's just a dungeon crawler with voxel graphics.

| >>664500
Mostly I just dislike the designs. And while in Minecraft, which I have played and thoroughly enjoyed (albeit modded) for hundreds of hours, I could suspend my disbelief in regard to the way it looks to some extent, the "smoothed out" visual style of Dungeons is a complete miss for me.

Also yeah, I don't necessarily have anything against Minecraft itself, but I hate how the marketing and the game itself push the "Ooh look it's Minecraft isn't it so popular and cool" angle

| >>664511
Eh. Fair enough.

| It should be called Fightloot Dungeons.

| Aside from the marketing thing, it's kind of true, but it's an spin off made from the same developers of the game. It's not like they are giving away their plumber to some rabbits.

| >>664622 off I felt that one

| >>664622
Kingdom Battle is actually good though, and as a spinoff it's way better done than Minecraft Dungeons.

| I bought it day one, and as someone who is a fan of diablo style games it's very fun.
But objectively looking at the gameplay, it's incredibly grindy, but simplistic in its grind, so it all feels worthless since your gear isn't all that changing.
It doesn't bring anything new to the formula other than bringing the minecraft style.
I would tell a casual to buy something else, but to someone who is familiar with the genre, id say give it a shot, since they wont feel that cheated.

Total number of posts: 16, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1591194846

This thread is permanently archived