danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
multiplayer turn based strategy?

| Recently, I realized that I actually have friends, so I want to play games with them, but our connection are so laggy! The only turn based strategy game I know is Worms. Recommend good ones?

| Civilization V is fun with DLC. Stellaris is very good. Nothing like galaxy-wide xeno-genoside with comrades.

| >>630005
Civ V is a good one. Hearts of Iron seems like a lot of fun in multiplayer, but haven't gotten around to trying it.

| Wargroove!
>>630005 Stellaris is real time, not turn based.

| >>630061 Oh yeah, sorry. My constant need to introduce people to this beauty got me off the track.

| Endless Legend is good too.

| OP here. I decided on Wargroove since a few friends owned it already. Thanks for the recommendations though.

| Oh yeah, I also considered Civ V but I think it takes too long to finish one match (?) people are busy I guess.

| >>630112
True. You should preferably have an entire day or two set aside for it.

| >>43e75a It is a good way to chill for a couple of hours at the end of a day. You don't /have/ to finish a session in one sitting. And that way everyone gets enough breathing room to think of endless ways to fuck each other over.

| Either way - good luck, have fun.

| Chess.

Jokes aside

Worms, all of them.

| Chess.

Jokes aside

Worms, all of them.

| Wargroove is dope, Endless games are extra dope, Civ games are a classic. Hell, HoMMV is still pretty good as well.

| Wargroove is still absolutely kicking my ass though, maybe someone's got any tips?

| >>630302 that sounds comfy

| >>630324 "jokes" haha I actually have been playing chess with my mate for a while.

I'm trying to change games because I always lose :|

I lost my first match of wargroove also. not looking very good

>>630585 seems like crits are a pretty big deal, also type efficiency / weakness

| >>630585 >>630592 know what trades into what, and how to defend with cheap units. swords, dogs, pikes, and mages can defend very well with no supporting armies. Also never give your opponent free dudes, make sure he has to trade to get your units.
come fight me async: 5e4chk

| >>630604
I assume what trades into what is just based off the damage matrix? And defending with cheap units is mostly about bodyblocking with cheap/damaged dudes? Or is blocking with damaged dudes essentially giving them away for free?

I'd love to play with you eventually, but I'm still very bad at the game (can't even beat the campaign (yet))

| >>630642 campaign's difficulty is designed for people who played advance wars so don't worry about getting through it too much.

defending with cheap units means countering your opponent's pieces (especially knights and harpies) at an advantage. if you trade away your pike to kill a knight, you're gaining 350g. basically, you want your opponent to spend more than you without having the advantage.

| that also means you need to defend your more expensive units by countering the cheap threats your opponent has with your own cheap guys. if they kill your mage with a spear, but that prevents them from hitting a key knight, you can still gain value.

'free dudes' are units your opponent can kill with no consequence. if they force the opponent to respond in a way that benefits you, you haven't wasted a unit. bodyblocking and forcing backups are examples of this.

| also, remember that your CO is super powerful. use them to bully villages and tech units and block for them with unit blobs.

Total number of posts: 22, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1582762253

This thread is permanently archived