danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
what are the risk of buying used game

| I don't want mouth bacteria from a 35 year old unwashed neckbeard basement dweller on my games

| what is this 2007 just buy it digital

| Ok what kind of game is it ?

| Your money don't get to the devs, so might as well pirate it

| So, OP, do you think money that you are using don't have any of the gross stuff that you imagined?

| >>627954
Probably no new copy being released. The money's been paid already. Years before.

| >>627964
are you unaware of the licking game card meme or what

| >>627954 >>627965
funny you guys mentioned it. I was talking about switch games (hint: meme of people putting game card in mouth), but I was also tracking down a copy of pokemon white for the NDS the other day. to my knowledge, DS emulation kinda sucks, and the game requires hacks to play even if you pirate it because the flashcart also kinda suck. but maybe this scenario is irrelevant because who cares about the risk when it's your only option..

| >>627999
I'd say nds emulation is pretty decent (amazing maybe), and the used market was always a thing, even today. If the game's out of print, and you can't get a new cartridge/card/cd/legal dl, then it's not making any more money to any dev company anyways.

If it's your only option, I can't say anything... go for it if you want to.

| >>627999 I don't play pokemon games, but most games that I emulated on NDS ran without a hitch. You can enlarge the screen, save state, fast foreard, and do stuff with microphones. Plus, I'm pretty sure a phone with 3GB of ram would be enough to emulate most games.

| >>628062
Yeah, I still have to find it because my local ebay-equivalent doesn't have it, meaning I'd probably need to find an actual brick and mortar store somewhere or import it, at which point I'm unsure if it's worth it.

| >>628108
What emulator do you use? I heard DeSmuME dev hated pokemon so much they wouldn't improve their emulator if it makes pokemon games playable (really..). Their FAQ even clearly stated they don't want to support the game. MelonDS was buggy on my PC while NO$ requires a cheat to boot the game (??).

| One time I bought Persona Q used from a store by my college. I started up the game and found it after 2 seconds of the title sequence the game would be corrupted and basically said I had to reinsert the cartidge.

I got a refund and bought the game again another time.

| If you're scared of that just stay inside a room with absolutely no air and never leave.

| >>628110 well, like I said, I have not tried running pokemon games at all. Maybe you are more knowledgable then me on that matter.

I used no$ back in 2012-ish to play phoenix wright, prof layton and devil summoner. Then around 2016-ish I switched to desmume and play love+ and replay strange journey. Last year, I use drastic on android to play fire emblem and suikoden.

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1582122039

This thread is permanently archived