danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Was there a game's choice of dialogue that actually turned out to be pointless to the plot?

| What was the one game that made annoyed you the most with that?

| Sort of counts. I'm a big Fire Emblem fan. When I played Awakening, they give you a bunch of choices at seemingly important points during the story. But only one choice actually does anything at the very end, which gives 1 out of 2 slightly different endings (one is seen as non-canon). The random choices throughtout the story as a result just pissed me off, almost like morality questions instead of changing the plot.

| I actually kinda like the "pointless" dialogue choices. They let me establish a personality for the main character that I'm playing.

Once I figured the dialogue choice in Fire Emblem Awakening does this, it works okay. It lets me have slightly different Robins for each run. But yeah, it's kinda annoying that they posit it like some important decision.

| >>623541 That's kind of fair. I wish though it was more like how SMT: Devil Survivor handled it. I don't expect the plot to deviate too much like in that game, but I do wish it would even if only a little reflect the character a bit during the story. Maybe a sort of 'chaos system' that would of patially given a different ending.

| Some games are good for it. Like, it's not always a bad thing, but it can be.

| A couple in FE 3 houses lol
Like why ask me if you just are going to tell me do the opposite????

| Pokemon's questions are totally pointless, they are just there and if you say No you can say Yes later or repeat in a loop until you get it right. They'll give you all the rewards anyway (the only real exception is Kanto and Hoenn with the fossils, once you have one you can't get the other one, that's all.

| Pokemon's questions are totally pointless, they are just there and if you say No you can say Yes later or repeat in a loop until you get it right. They'll give you all the rewards anyway (the only real exception is Kanto and Hoenn with the fossils, once you have one you can't get the other one, that's all.

| Heavy Rain, besides a few characters' fate whatever you tried to do is pretty much pointless to the plot.

| Titanfall 2 has a few of those. It doesn't change the plot, it only changes want response you get but each of those reveal a different thing about the plot.

| Titanfall 2 has a few of those. It doesn't change the plot, it only changes want response you get but each of those reveal a different thing about the plot.

Total number of posts: 11, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1581196563

This thread is permanently archived