danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
The Outer Worlds

| I pirated it recently (might buy it when it comes out on GOG/Steam if I like it), and it runs decently on Wine. It's not bad, but it's giving me Crackdown 3 vibes for some reason...
It's also sort of lacking in dialog options, which I didn't expect from Obsidian, even with the low budget.

What do the g/v/rls think of it?

| I think the dialogue checks had some good variety for the most part. The results, however, were the same all around. You could intimidate, use your medical skill or encourage someone and it will all ultimately be the same thing. Combat was good though, pretty fun to play around, however the weapon variety was poor and the universal ammo took away from the complexity and depth. Writing was mediocre, just good enough to warrant Obsidian's name, and that's just dissapointing.

| Especially the ending felt very unnatural and rushed. The factions were kind of a joke, nothing interesting there. Poor work at keeping the tone consistent.
The game overall feels incredibly small, not just because of the hub level design. You could play POE, FNV and KOTOR2, and you'd feel like you got a completele product, one that tied itself into a nice knot at the end. The Outer Worlds feels like a proloque to something much bigger and better.

Total number of posts: 3, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1580716936

This thread is permanently archived