danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Byleth outrage made me think about swords

| Why swords? If you look at what mankind thought was cool weaponry, it seems to be

Sword -> ¿¿¿ (probably trebuchet) -> The Pistol

So, what the fuck?

| As I understand it, the culture of swords began from the fact that good swords were very expensive and could also be decorated heavily, as such they were seen as nobleman's weapon, a show of status.
And they look pretty sweet too, so there's that.

| Spears are for the gay and axes are too heavy for people who haven't done any work in their lives.

Swords take a bit of both worlds.

| >>621730 just because you like tingling your prostate with a spear tip, doesn't mean the spear is gay.

| Because swords allow so many different creative use of fight style. One handed, two handed, draw & sheathe, dual weild, slashing, stabbing, acrobatics, throw, etc. It also allows cool duels to happen, compared to two spears poke fight.
Even if feudal era japanese fought their war using spears and guns (only using sword as last resort); and also even after the chinese tried so hard making poles and spears look cool; they just can't dethrone people imagination of how cool swords are.

| Because swords allow so many different creative use of fight style. One handed, two handed, draw & sheathe, dual weild, slashing, stabbing, acrobatics, throw, etc. It also allows cool duels to happen, compared to two spears poke fight.
Even if feudal era japanese fought their war using spears and guns (only using sword as last resort); and also even after the chinese tried so hard making poles and spears look cool; they just can't dethrone people imagination of how cool swords are.

| >>621784 Never said the spear was gay, silly.

| >>621866 but why would the gay use the spear if it ain't gay too?

| >>621885 The straightness of the weapon protects the gayness of the user?

I don't know.

| >>622016 ah, so it is a weapon not for gays, but for closetet gays. The straight shape and nature of the weapon acts as a deterrent to all potential threats to not look past the straightness of the spear tip and reveal the user's true nature, I see, very ingenious.

| >>622022
This is correct. As a Nord I can confirm that the reason my viking ancestors mainly used spears was because a lot of them were gay, but wanted to hide it. Rich people used sowrds because they are good weapons. The people who weren't gay mainly used axes, but the gay used the straightest and cheapest weapon they could make. Few are aware of this fact, but Odin, our god above gods, is actually gay. That is why he has such an excellent spear. It's an attempt to seem straight.

| Sword fights look good in movies...
that's all.
And "sword" is quite a broad term...
You also forgot a weapon of choice, OP. Fire.
On another note, swords are nice. It breaks ? Make a new one out of the remains. You need a lot of them ? Easy and fast to make ! Also true for a shitton of other weapons tho.
But it's true that swords were used as a display of class. However not much use out of those...

| >>622042
Waaaa ok

| >>622042 this whole spear saga made me crack up pls y'all

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1580497614

This thread is permanently archived