danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Loadscum

| I don't cheat and never will but damn..reload my save multiple time untill i win with extremely good "luck" feel nice~

| I don't like loadscumming yet I cannot control myself not to do it, I stopped playing several TES games because of this.

| I wish more RPGs had a system similar to Disco Elysium. I never once loadscummed in that game just because the failures are as, or something even more, entertaining than the successes.

| Yeah. Sometimes I feel like it's justified though. Like, I've been playing a lot of Labyrinth of Refrain lately, and dying in that game is fucking punishing. Like, you don't just loose the shit you earn, but your characters loose limbs and start disliking eachother and shit. It's scuffed. I feel like Fire Emblem is also a series where it's completely valid to do. I never really do it though. It's more fun when you play properly.

| >>621344 that actually seems like an interesting system as opposed to just losing some easily replaceable crap. It introduces a new dynamic hurdle you have to overcome, one that'll influence your future play and remind you of your previous failure. That is, if it works the way I think and it's not just a stat decrease. Don't even know what LoR is.

| >>621359
It's basically just momentary stat decrease.

LoR is a JRPG dungeon crawler, and it has some mechanics that are really cool and allow for very high risk very high reward, but thing is, the punishment for taking the risks can be fucking brutal. You can be down in that dungeon for more than an hour straight, and die because you were too good. Like, the game has a system where if you collect X or more amount of mana (important currency) the next enemy you fight kills you.

| As in, the next enemy you fight is some grim reaper cunt that just annihilates you no matter what. When you die in the dungeon you loose basically all progress you've made that hour+ you were there for. Sure, you have map for the area you explored and get to keep 1-2% of the mana you gained, but you also have to replace the lost limbs of party members because lost limbs drastically reduces max health, and also fucks the other stats, and if they don't have a head they're just dead.

| >>621374 Christ, that's bleak. I kinda like it, seems like perfect CBT material to entertain myself with

| >>621416
Yeah, it's fucked up. That's why I find quitting and replaying that hour+ less punishing than accepting defeat.

Total number of posts: 9, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1580289730

This thread is permanently archived