danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Depressing games like NieR or LISA or Silent Hill 2?

| Looking for some nice game recommendations of stuff like NieR (both G/R and A) or LISA or Silent Hill 2 or Drakengard or something. Katana Zero I guess is included as well but preferably something that doesn't end with a cliffhanger like KZ does. Thanks gurls

| That Dragon, Cancer
It's very depressing but probably not what you are looking for.

| May I offer Disco Elysium for your consideration?

| Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons gets pretty depressing, and it's a solid game overall.

Any Soulsborne game is pretty depressing atmosphere-wise.

Hollow Knight is more rather... serene than outright depressing, but still could work. Same for Momodora: Reverie Under the Moon.

If Valiant Hears: The Great War doesn't make you cry your eyes out, you're a heartless monster, but it's very different from the other games mentioned.

Either Yomawari game is pretty spooky and kinda sad.

| Stanley Parable

jk, if you want that LISA experience, just play MOTHER 3.

you. will. cry.

| Life

| Life

| Alternatively FFXV

| Alternatively FFXV

| >>621411 >>621412 the only thing depressing about that game is the potential it had

| Doki Doki literature club?

| Yume nikki and its fangames, not for gameplay but for their atmosphere. These games, made by clearly severely depressed people, only purpose seems to be fueling depression and its fucked

| >>621492 that's just you though

| >>621417
While I do still think the story itself was depressing, I agree with you 100%

| >>621417
While I do still think the story itself was depressing, I agree with you 100%

| >>621492
Fuckinnng .flow fucked me up REAL good

| darkest dungeon
its hard

| Telltale's The Walking Dead first season final episode. If that doesn't move you, then I don't know what will

| Spec op: the line

And everlasting summer if you want a VN

| I can't remember the games name, but it was you playing as a scientist who finds a cure for cancer. But it turns out the cure made it a lot worse; so you spend the days with your family, or go to work to make a better cure. Messed up part was that it gave you the option to cheat on your wife with your co-worker

| >>621869 wasn't that a flash game?

| Killer is Dead has a pretty wild story and ending.

| >>621887 might as well add Killer7 then

| This War of Mine is a huge guilt trip if you don't play your cards right.

| I found Tacoma to bring me somber happiness or something like that. Had a similiar feeling what I felt after NieR A. Though Tacoma is less of a game and more of a interactive story

| Few flash games that also gave me somber happiness after I finished them: The Company of Myself and Fixation. REALLY loved them, and still come around to play them here and there again. "them" cause they're same universe

Total number of posts: 26, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1580600581

This thread is permanently archived