danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Games you play while relaxing/tired/depressed?

| I sometimes get that feeling where I don't want to put too much thought or just wanna zone out while my thumbs do something. Even moreso if I'm not having my best days.

I wanna hear what you g/u/rls play for occasions like this, or even make suggestions for me to play.

| When I want to relax and chill I play animal crossing
When I'm feeling sad I just play any game like GTA that lets me go on a violent murder spree killing innocent bystanders

| Picross 3D.
...is it weird?

| It's usually play,
"Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronn tuonnthunntrovarrhounawns kawntoohoohoordenenthurn" on the Ouya game console.

| I usually*

| Banished
Dwarf fortress
Doom (the original one)

| >>598811 I tend to go the other way around, just drive and enjoy the city.
But I get your feeling on San Andreas with Mods... so much destruction... so much power... just tab+h is enough.

| A friend of mine likes to play the Borderlands games for this.
Personally I like to use Skyrim to roleplay about my character in my head. I use an alternate start mod and just imagine their backstory and motivations and junk. Thinking about that helps me get over whatever's got me feeling down.

| >>598908
Homie, you play D&D? It sounds like you'd really, really enjoy it.

| >>598910
Yeah but you need friends to play D&D. Not really something you can have when you're feeling down
(Not the g/u/rl you're talking to btw)

| When my brain's too tired to think, Cook Serve Delicious! is a solid to just while away all those hours.

| >>598910
I bought the player's handbook, but I haven't found a group to play with yet. My only worry is feeling awkward about the role-playing with other people.
(I am the g/u/rl you were taking to)

| My go-to depressed game is Stardew Valley :/ kind of a normie pick by this point but it's an excellent game and I love it to bits.

| >>598915
You won't. I mean, I doubt you'll be doing weird voices and gestures and stuff immediately, but talking in character and doing actions that your character would do even though you wouldn't, not using information that you know but your character doesn't etc. All of that comes almost immediately and feels natural. My group is a bunch of awkward, anti-social fucks, and we started roleplaying like that on our second or third session.

| >>598933 agreed. It's downright theraputic. Especially with a friend.

| Necrodancer when tired. Enter the Gungeon for relaxing. Sometimes it's the other way round. When I'm depressed I just go co-op with a buddy and play the drinking game.

| Project Diva F. There is a certain peace to be found when the information goes directly from the screen to your fingers, barely passing through your brain, and you just play with the flow. (n_n) It's sorely missing *Kira* Miki, though. (-_-')

| Downwell is always my favorite, not too heavy, not too light, just enough to keep you satisfied, just keep going down... and down... :)

-Mercy

| I play risk of rain when I just want to do something without thinking.
I browse wallpaper engine to relax after a long day

| Yakuza 0 is the best. It can be fun and chill, it can be serius and inspiring. Other parts are not that good imo, since Majima is best girl

| Senran kagura peach balls, or bulletgirls phantasia, there is something chilling/relaxing when watching those jiggling things, lol

| >>599428 yes yes yes!!!

| I love testing random free games from itch.io. Most of them are quite amateur, so I often try to find exploits or bugs.

| >>599484
If that's something you enjoy doing, I recommend the game I made as a school project. The programming is fucking horrendous, but it's still pretty playable. So you should be able to break it pretty good while enjoying the music.

| I always come back to va11halla, it feels like meeting up with old friends

| Either Minecraft or Va11halla work for me

| Does anyone play animal crossing new leaf? I wanna buy a 3ds for this game
Yes, in 2019

| Muse Dash!~ It's relaxing to see cute girls in revealing outfits kicking and beating up cute monsters to the rhythm. It's also fun to break your keyboard when you try to complete a level 10 stage~~

| >>599661 New Leaf was an excellent game. If you have a 3DS and the time to invest into an Animal Crossing game then go for it.

| >>599721
Was?

| >>599721
What about the DS Animal Crossing game though?

| I can't play any games in a bad mood. When I get frustrated in League or something I just stop playing right away.

| >>599724 I don't think that wording matters. I say is/was interchangeably sometimes too tbh. New Leaf is still worth checking out.

| CDDA is the one for me
Especially once I have a safe shelter away from the city amd I can just hunt and farm to prepare for winter away from all the mutants amd city hassle

| >>598915
I'll play with you.

| I play 100% orange juice and play star breaker or sweet eater with friends. Keeps me on a happy mood. Also spamming Ceoreparque hyper on 1 guy is fun.

| >>599955
100% orange juice keeps you in a happy mood? What kind of a fucking masochist are you?

| >>599835 people watch investigation series once and start questioning every time someone says "was" to pretend they're masters of perception and deduction

| I discovered today that Downwell is the best game for this. I've played it on and off for years, but never when I've been tired. Today I was extremely tired and decided to play some Downwell, and it was the most relaxing thing ever.

| relaxing: EDF!
tired: EDF!!
depressed: EDF!!!

| >>600052
It's 2019 and I don't know shit if the online functionality even works on 3ds, bc nintendo has a habit of killing support for their older systems.
Fuck you.

| >>600142 Homebrew gets online working for the most popular games. Most Nintendo Switch multiplayer is just p2p gameplay with a server middleman that tells the 2+ consoles to connect and then records the scores/distributes new content.

| >>599999 i like to torture myself with gacha games

| >>599499
I'd love to play (and break) it. Link or name? Also, my favorite game from itch.io is Planetarium, by Managore. You may like it.

| >>600205
I love Managore! He makes awesome games. He never develops for Mac though, so I don't get to play them.
Also, ignore all the stuff on the game page about updates to the game. I have one unreleased update for the game, but it's almost been 300 days since I promised it, so yeah. I should probably release it soon though, since it makes the game more breakable and actually adds new content throughout the entire game.

https://kebab-studios.itch.io/johnnys-adventure

| >>600205
I hope you both break and enjoy this mess.

Total number of posts: 46, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1570206842

This thread is permanently archived