danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Someone explain to me the appeal of Hyperdimension Neptunia...

| Someone explain to me the appeal of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series.

I have always seen this series being popular to a niche audience from time to time. Then again, in one of the recent created thread here:
"Waifu?" https://dangeru.us/a/thread/596999
Someone annouced, Noire from the Neptunia series...

I've never played any of the games, and their ratings seem to be around an average 70% (Metacritic). I am interested in giving the series a try, due to that Waifu recommendation.

| It's console wars, but every system is a waifu and there's lots of fanservice and also a pretty decent turn based battle system.

| I like the grind and after end game dlc arena

| Okay, but I am horny, and I want to masturbate wildly and fatasise. Which game of the series would be the best recommendation for me?

| >>598544 fantasise*

| >>598544 any of them, I recommend using nude mods

| There's nothing good about the games but grind, the only thing that matters there is the characters

| The characters, meta jokes on the games industry, and cutesy, light-hearted tone are the main selling points. You'd have to be really forgiving of tolerant of the actual polish and production values.

Personally, Neptunia won me over during a time when games took themselves too seriously and tried to be edgy.

| It's a grind heavy game which makes it really appealing to masochist.

Nah, sorry I don't know the appeal either. The characters are cute but the writing/jokes could be bland at times. But most importantly that fucking grinding just turns me off completely. Maybe I picked the wrong difficulty? Shrug

| If you play them remember to save early and save often, you can save right before dungeon bosses most of the time and at basically any point on the world map, had a friend refuse to play it because he didn't save and lost like two dungeons because he thought it auto-saved for some reason

| For me it was the character interaction and meta humor that got me, it being lewd I didn't actually embrace for a while

but start with rebirth;1 for an introduction to the characters or v-ii for the best game they've made so far

Rebirth;2,3,v-ii are in the same cannon but there's no overarching story, rb3 is bad, and rb2 focused on the sisters instead

I wrote more but It was just my gripes with the writers so uhh

Rb2 & 3 have a retranslation mod because they fucked it a little

| >>598544 gurl, might as well play senran kagura. Plop in the uncensor and you are good to go. Idk why you would want to play rpg for a quick fap, since most RPG are slowburn.

If you are specifically looking for loli/petite girls like neptunia, then you can reduce the breast size for the senrans using body tweak mods. Works for the 1st and 2nd senran game, also for the water gun shooter game. (No idea for other games; haven't played then)

| >>598544
Use r/GamindustriR18island

| Shitty stupid fan service. I quit as soon as I got to enemies that look like Mario pipes and literal VN screenshots.

| >>598817 also join the discord

if only we could bring Blanc nep and uni back

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1569669261

This thread is permanently archived