danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What's your GOTY so far?

| Devil May Cry 5 has a strong chance of being my Game of the Year right now. It resonates with me as both a long time DMC fan and as someone who loves the PS2 era of games.

| As I never got a PS3 back in the day I would say that my Current GoTY is Catherine (PC). Can't believe I didn't get it spoiled for me after all these years

| Uhh, I haven't played a new game this year apparently. Can I say Hollow Knight for the third year in a row?

| To me it's Fire Emblem Three Houses.
but I also loved DMC 5 and Catherine, this was definitely a good year for gaming

| Resident Evil 2 remake

| I think Sekiro so far. It did take some while to getting used to it but when it finally clicked I had lots of fun.

| The only games I have that released this year are Amid Evil and Pathologic 2 and they're both balls to the walls. But my vote goes to Amid Evil.

| Fire Emblem for sure.

| Haven't even got to play the new Fire Emblem yet, but probably that.

| Technically I can say it's Assault Android Cactus again since that came out on Switch this year.

| Easily Katana Zero. I just finished my first playthrough of it, and it was fucking insane! The story is really fucking good so far (more than one playthrough is definitely required for the full story), the neo noir aesthetics and graphics in general are awesome and the gameplay is so fucking fun, badass and challenging.

| Have I played anything from this year? Incest polygamy map game, Spain colonizes your ass map game, and 0,02% of your population needs artillery parts and explosives map game are consuming me.

| Astral Chain. I'm from the future.

| >>590213 hey gurl, me too ! so hyped

| Stardew Valley Android, it's sad how the mobile version it's the most superior one, even to Pc

| >>590193
It's way, WAY too short for me to consider it GOTY, but otherwise I agree.

| >>590218
How come? I own it on both and I find the controls a bit wonky.

| >>590303
Why does the game have to be long to be GOTY? If it's good it's good my dude, and Katana Zero is fucking incredible.

| >>590218 Personally the best platform for Stardew is playing it on the switch in handheld mode. Controls work great and the console is perfect for completing a few days to wind down after work and then just putting it back on the charger.

| >>590338
Agreed.

| Risk of Rain 2. It's so fun to do god runs with your friends and see who can 1 shot the boss first.

| >>590310 >>590338 android has both Switch and Pc controls (if not the same as Switch), if you play with touchpad it's better done and optimized than a mouse on a Pc or you can play with a controller, also Android gets a lot of updates and more attention, you can save and load anywhere if you are in a hurry (don't know if Switch has it, Pc definetly doesn't)

| >>590434
>if you play with touchpad it's better done and optimized than a mouse on a Pc
I really don't agree with this. I find the touchpad controls much harder to use eapecially during spelunking or fighting other mobs. It's nice for farming but it's definetly slower than a mouse or a controller.

This is the reason why I rarely play on the phone more than 15 minutes at a time but on the PC several hours go by in a flash.

| Fire Emblem Three Houses is definitely my GOTY for now. Had high expectations and the game delivered it even more.

| Fire Emblem Three Houses takes the cake for me

| @People who say Fire Emblem 3H
Dangit don't make my anticipation anxiety any worse. I already have the game but I need to wait for my paycheck so I can also get the Switch. The wait is killing me.

| FE 3H

| >>590451 it has an auto-combat feature that will attack or defend with better reflects than a human could. Combat in Stardew Valley has never been a good point of the game, but at least in android even though it may take time it is less riskier. Mining can't be that slow, you just choose where to pick and your character will move to the rock by himself with auto-pathing.

| >>590597 why would you buy a game before the console? The game could get a discount by the time you get the console, or the game may not even work and the time to exchange it may have expired.

| >>590616
Price-drop is unlikely and where I live, a copy of the game is not always available. I'm gonna get the game anyway and I don't mind paying full-price for Reasons, so I figured, might as well get what I can.

| Minecraft

| >>590702 that's illegal, that's a GOTC (game of the century)

| FGO

| Outward on PC. It has been an amazing ride so far.

| Outward on PC. It has been an amazing ride so far.

| dmc5 easily

| As a Fire Emblem fan I'm surprised but pleased to see everyone is enjoying Three Houses. I never thought I'd see the day a Fire Emblem game is being considered for GOTY.

| >>591595 either that or the ones who stopped liking FE since 3DS era got away and aren't as noisy as other communites EHEMPOKEMONEHEM

| Celeste since I played it earlier this year, loved the soundtrack and now am looking forward to the new chapter.

| >>591720 New chapter? If that's true, I'm looking forward to it too.

Celeste felt really special to play through. It's like the devs understood what I was going through.

| I didn't really like Celeste's story that much, but everything else about it was really good. That being said, it seemed designed poorly for MKB.

| Sekiro. Feels really satisfying to play and the setting is cool.

| If games that have already released a previous year then Va-11 Hall-a. It kept me sabe while waiting for three houses. Also Alma>Edelgard.

Total number of posts: 43, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1566793915

This thread is permanently archived