danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I hate ringing sound effect during explosions

| because I already have tinnitus in real life :'(

| Even without tinnitus it's annoying. It's adds to the atmosphere and realism though, so I like it.

| I'm not sure what do you mean, would you mind naming a game's example?

| >>584948
Battlefield muffles other sounds during explosions, to simulate unimaginably loud noises without destroying your eardrums, and you also get a few high-pitched whistling sounds playing until things settle down.
Irl there are people who have permanent hearing damage, and basically already hear a select few frequencies all the time (whistling). This adds up with the game's sound effects, although if you play with reasonably loud volume it *should* completely mask this...

| >>585083 this.. actually I wasn't sure if it wasn't actually just simulating getting your eardrums destroyed.. or at least the "temporary" sensation? i do get temporary muffled hearing from time to time in addition to the constant ringing. the other time I hear this effect is used is during flashbang usage in counter strike and an explosion scene in the iron man movie.

| >>585420 I literally only remember this sound in the last two, I thankfully doesn't find this sound irritating as I find it advisable to what it's happening to your character, but I understand it can be hurtful to other persons. Anyway I wonder if this has something to do with the audio device you use, as some people can hear what others won't not only by the difference frequency we have but by the quality of the devices too.

| If you are watching a stream you might see some people complaining about the music being too loud and at the same time people saying they can't hear one of the voices (if there are multiple persons) too much. Streamers usually treat this case as trolls, it's not really the streamer's fault neither the viewers's.
I advise having volume at minimal level, specially using earphones. Also try giving some feedback to the devs on this. Sound department is usually the worst part of a game.

Total number of posts: 7, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1564857275

This thread is permanently archived