danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Fire Emblem: Three Houses

| Who got the new Hogwarts School Of Military Sadness simulator? Who likes it? Who doesn't?

| I mean why when you have Kill la Kill or even the classic Doom you got on your calculator now on your Switch edition?
Funny I bought all the Dlcs for Xenoverse 2 (this fucking game is really good) so I'll wait for sale discount on KLK. But Fire Emblem? Why would I even bother if this is not in Smash in any form? Jokes aside I don't like it, it makes me remember of Xenoblade 2 and I will never play any of the two even for free.

| Still saving up for a Switch just for this game! Might have to wait until Switch Lite hit the market.

Until then I'm just nipping at some Let's Play.

| Three is a bad luck number for me, so I can't play this Fire Emblem.

| Im 10 hours in and I'm really surprised by how good it is. Definitely makes up for how bland Echoes was.

| It's good, I'm still early in the game though, like chapter 4. I'm going Golden Deer.

| >>583662
Fuckinnng ECHOES was BLAND? Wtf are you even smoking, g/u/rl? Just because there weren't any self-inserts and waifus or what?

| Golden Deer, hell yes. Made Claude an Archer/Brawler. He feels good with gauntlets. Marianne gets to be my Sword'n'Board fighter

| >>583764 you could say Echoes was different because it was based on an older game (remake) it's like trying to remake the original Zelda, you can't add that much but at least you can make it look more modern. Except if its a shooter, remakes like Golden Eye added so fucking much out od nowhere and people apreciated it (except a retarded 1% who didn't like it just because it wasn't the N64 game)

| >>583780 Claude is an archer for me right, now. Marianne a Priest, I unlocked her talent in Lances and I'm going to make her a holy knight. I might train her swords later too.

| I'm loving it, it's a lot less "anime waifu madness" than fates that's already a win on my book.

I liked echoes but it was a remake of an old game so I was still afraid they'd botch up this one just like fates.

| On a side note, I couldn't choose between this and Kill la Kill so I bought both then flipped a coin to decide which one to play first

| >>583764 nah, Echoes had a bland and basic story with super easy, shallow gameplay.

Three Houses however is actually excellent in both writing and strategy. I especially love the new lords, they're much more likable and interesting than Alm and Celica.

| >>583931
Idunno. Still, after the somewhat controversial Awakening and complete dumpster fire that was Fates, Echoes was a much needed breath of fresh air. Plus, the presentation and QoL features were top notch. Gameplay was completely fine IMO, and story... Well, yeah, but it was passable. Except anything that had anything to do with Celica...

Three Houses is obviously superior. Gah, hopefully I'll be able to get a Switch soon. Maybe a Lite to not save up for as long.

| >>583972 Awakening and Fates were fine. In fact I consider Fates my most favorite and thought its localization was fine. So it irks me when people talk as if it should have never been made or it doesnt have any fun factor.

And yes, definitely get a Switch. Three Houses is better played docked because it kills the handheld battery quicker than other games I played.

| >>584071 honestly, fates was very mixed bag at best

Conquest was good
Birthright was kinda fun but felt too easy and it was almost literally just "Japan good, Europe bad"
Revelations was the most ridiculous nonsensical story ever and they should never have made it

And who the fuck thought it was a good idea to keep playing that song over and over and over and over again on at least half the cutscenes and in some of the longest stages too?

| Oh heck yeah another opportunity for me to rap on Fates.

>>584071 >>584073
The localization for Fates is GOOD, which makes its nonsensical dumpster fire story (Birthright was better than the others) even more painful. Conquest has some of my favourite maps too, but the story is making me want to hurl it into the flames. Thank god for the skip button.

I like the song tho.

| Anyway, back to Three Houses.

I've only watched a bit of Let's Play, but it seems great. Can't believe they have so much full voice acting, and pretty good voices at that. IntSys/Nintendo have infinite huh

| >>584179 It's really, REALLY good. And there are a lot of interesting plot twists. It's well written.

| I seriously don't want to talk about any Fire Emblem games anymore if it means more randos bashing on Fates.

| >>584179
Whoops I meant "infinite BUDGET" Intsys/Nintendo have infinite budget.

Which unfortunately is not what I have. Is there any chance that 3H's price will drop? :(

| >>584242
Yeahhh that budget is definitely not infinite...
And price drops are EXTREMELY unlikely.

| Be sure to take a character to Tea Time off, buff their CHA. You can unlock a hidden Dancer class for them in chapter 9 at a ball or something, so save beforehand and be sure to grab that shit. Claude's gonna be my dancer.

| >>584440 my dancer is Flayn
Also first fire emblem that my dancer is actually useful in battle

| >>584443 Right? Really glad they have purpose beyond adding an extra turn to someone who actually has practical purpose

Total number of posts: 25, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1564524144

This thread is permanently archived