danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Unicorn Overlord

| Wondering if there's anyone here who's played the demo and/or is going to get it when it releases next week

| It's vanillaware baby, the only studio that's in a time capsule in terms of design sensibilities and I love them for it.

They just make shit they want to make which is a rare thing for a AA-AAA studio.

Like I'm pretty sure they just made 13 sentinels because they got tired of doing medieval shit.

| >>1006380
... ok but have you played it or is planning to play it?

| >>01af0a yes

| Was going to play the demo but don’t want to blueball myself with the wait to buy it. Going to play it eventually, 13 Sentinels was great so I’m sold just based on it being Vanillaware

| >>1006646
If 13 Sentinels is the only Vanillaware you've played, like it is for me, you might be disappointed. The story is pretty flat and the characters aren't really interesting. The setting is very bog standard medieval fantasy.

Gameplay is fantastic, though. I can see a bit of 13 Sentinels in it.

(I'm op, btw. I've been curious what other people feel about the demo)

| This game VS Triangle Strategy, battling for The Worst RPG Game Name

| >>1006760
13 Sentinels was the only one I played, so a bit disappointed to hear the story falls flat. I was hoping for some kind of Triangle Strategy/13 Sentinels hybrid (though admittedly the story in TS has some issues, like cmon no one can guess what the pink rock is for like 10 chapters? Or even talk about it?) Gameplay and aesthetic will still likely carry it for me. Have you played Odin Sphere at all? Looked into it a bit after 13S but kinda forgot about it

| >>1006792
I've only played the demo for Triangle Strategy but honestly the story feels a lot more interesting! Like, playing Unicorn Overlord demo just makes me feel like I should've gotten Triangle instead.

I haven'r checked Odin Sphere or Dragon's Crown or any other Vanillaware games, honestly. I'm a bit worried now if 13S was just a lucky break.

| Never heard of it before, then I see booba jiggles. So I will play it when I can

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1709419518

This thread is permanently archived