danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Spirituality/Religion

| What's your views? I'm still developing mine, but here's what I have:
-everything has a spirit, with it's own character and identity, from a blade of grass to people
-some degree of reincarnation is real and all spirit matter is connected
-ghosts be real
-no such thing as good and evil, only context, and all things no matter how ugly or beautiful have a purpose and place
-the parents of all life are sex & violence. Both embody creation & destruction, and are 2 sides of same coin.

| Anime is my only religion.

| Im still piecing it together but i definitely believe that there's something more after death.

| Fatal Frame is my Conspiracy xd

| I would say I'm a materialist. I don't think the differences between various spiritual beliefs matter much either way, since within a generation or less any faith or tradition can come to justify any real-world social program, which is what really matters.

That said i'm not a hard atheist, i think that there are things that humans can't understand empirically, like why we have feelings when other processes like fire don't (unless they do too?) and where the universe 'comes from'.

| Spirituality and religions are just a fix for people's lack of logic, a way to drown or ignore emotions and feelings by including them into a "bigger plan".

| Unfortunately as there is no way to experience another brain so sone sort of dualism is necessary.

| >>774044
And what if your spiritual views accept the validity of pain as a thing in and of itself? Spirituality is just another way of asking questions. Most abuse it as a way to arrive at a lazy world view, but a minority of us use it as another intellectual tool. Nobody is perfectly objective and logical. If you say otherwise, you are lying to yourself or ignorant.

| >>774054 Spirituality is often used with the definition of being a goal or a guidance, more than an imperfect tool used to reach proper knowledge. As long as it's not seen as an absolute, perfect thing, it is logical in itself. But that's far from being the main use...

| Ohh gurl I love these kind of threads, I can't have much time now, but I'll write my opinion later. For now, I'll just make little bump

| Bump

| I believe in Jesus :)

| But i believe theres something after life. Not something like heaven or hell. I believe in past lives too. So idk what im am exactly. I just think that we are here to be happy and help other to be happy too.

| Others*

| >>183269 i like your point of view.

I like to think that supernatural things have scientific explanations. We just dont know how to explain, how it works yet, understand?

| Okay, now I do have time.

| In my materialistic point of view, there's no solid proof that a thing like "souls" exist.
Although I wish that I were wrong, and that there's an afterlife out there...
My rational brain and being just thinks that after we die, there'll be nothing. we'll just die. At least, that's what I think it's the most probable thing.

But I do wish I am wrong in the end.

| I don't see why I should tell you

| I kinda believe in karma from some personal experiences, but don't rely on it to bring good to me. I like to think I'm in control of my decisions and bad things happen because of me as well as good and live by the words "It be like that"

Though I would love to see/know if there's outside forces or how everything started. I surround myself with different views because it's cool learning people's beliefs :)

Ramble over

| I believe that every religion, every god, every deity and non-human entity, is real to an extent. Most likely none of them are accurate to their portrayals that are made for better human understanding, but I believe there is something to everything like that.
I've seen prayer and spiritual protection work, even the few times I've done it myself, so it's hard to just brush off everything and I feel like even if it's completely different from the texts they should still be respected.

| Everyone can believe whatever they need to get through the day, but when it comes to essentilising traits and behaviours because you were born on tuesday is when all religions need to stop.

| There is nothing greater than the self and the assurance that all will be lost to entropy in time. Everything that promises otherwise is cope for those too weak to face the world as their own pilot. Your "religion" should be whatever stream of consciousness keeps you rolling the boulder, not a promise that the boulder won't fall. It will, don't accept comfortable lies, roll it with style because it's beautiful that you're there to do it.

Total number of posts: 22, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1627260476

This thread is permanently archived