danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Long-distance Relationships?

| From what I heard, they always suck no matter how good the partners are when they are together. And I am in a position where there is a girl who I have feelings for but we are both living in different cities normally. After the covid lockdown ends we wont be living in the same city anymore. what do what do?

| Long distance relationships are painful, I'm going through one rn. I think that it's ok as long as yall know you're gonna meet one day. I don't see what's the point if you two are gonna move to another city and never meet again.

| By definition, a long-distance relationship will always end, either by becoming a close relationship or break-up. I couldn't deal with it in my experience.

| >>731927 Ahhh I see... Thanks both of you beautiful g/u/rls. I guess I shouldn't take any steps towards her.

| Go for it.

Life is about experience dont be a pussy

| >>732044

What they mean is that it'll either work out or it won't. Same as any relationship to be honest.

| I mean yeah but you dont put your hand into the fire just because it is an "experience"

| Idk, dated my gf for 1.5 years before going to uni in another city. We are still together 6 months later, we will see each other for 1 month at winter and 3 months at summer tho, so it certainly means something

| Don't go for a long distance relationship if you can't feasibly close that distance. I dated a guy for a year before we realized that there was no way we'd be able to meet (mostly because he didn't have a drivers' license or any income).

| LDRs suck because people try to have relationships before actually meeting which may cause it to devolve into just a weird awkward thing once you start talking more intimately so I recommend just staying friends and just put whatever extra feelings you have at the back of your mind until you actually meet in person because you won't really know someone until you've met them.

| I've seen a post recently on reddit with some asexual guy on reddit who had an LDR and the girl came all the way to his country via plane and he brought her back to his house and got freaked out that she tried to touch his dick then quickly stopped talking to herand proceeded to post about it on the internet stating that he really didn't know her and she was nice for the three years they talked.

| Moral of the story is communication and being honest is key in an LDR so if you don't do that very well it'll probably end up in failure.

| Sound advice

| Unless someone moves then it's best to just let it go. There is more opportunities than you think to be in a relationship. You just got to spend the effort to date. Hell, you can go out with women way more attractive that you. Just don't use online dating methods and talk to people in real life. Gets REALLY easy if you're a guy in your 30s. Should have established career, vehicles, a house. The choices of women open up so much and you pretty much get to choose who you want to date.

| >>733427 Well I just started uni so don't have much about the 30s experience. I already made my decision to let it go but still thanks for the tips.

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1611496112

This thread is permanently archived