danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Vampire hospitality loopholes

| We all know that a vampire would not be able to enter your home without your permission. But what if you are renting the home, would the vampire have to ask you or the landlord to enter? What about guns, can a vampire shoot at you from outside your house?

| They still can't enter without an invitation. But yes, they can still shoot up your house.

| I wonder why a vampire with mind controlling abilities simply won't mind control people into letting them in. The guys from What we do in the Shadows never does that so maybe it doesn't work or something.

| I guess nothing stops him from demolishing the house if weapons are free game. Or you'd recon that a standing foundation is enough to count as "home"? What about flats?

| Hmm, good question. I can't recall any old movies dealing with that.

Maybe they need to be invited twice? Once for entering the building unless they themselves live there and then again before they enter someone's flat.

If they only need one invitation and then get free roam to all the flats within then it would've made hunting a lot more than easier if you rented one of the flats. But I doubt it works this way.

Pretty sure you'll have to be invited to the actual flat at least.

| >>716488
Demolishing houses certainly works but if you do crazy stunts like that you'll attract the attention of vampire hunters.

Best bet is to infiltrate the local government or demolition companies and make it look accidental.

| I think I misunderstood your question, oops!

I don't think any standing foundation counts as long as someone hasn't made it their home. So an abandoned house or a store would be enterable, even if a bum lives there because it's technically not his.

| >>716487 If he can't enter the house - I guess the place just rejects his, eh, vampiric essence. Any form of controlling power would be a form of said "essence".
It's strange that vampires can move at all, actually. With bodies of water like underground rivers/plumbing all over the place.

| >>716491 But a bum can make this place his - at least mentally. And I doubt that post-apocalyptic vampire can enter an abandoned store if someone lives there.
If it's our perception of home that defines vampire's limits... That can bring up some interesting cases. But I'm not so fresh on the lore to confirm that.
As far as flats go - I saw interpretations in books and movies where they can freely enter buildings, but boy flat themselves. Not vampire-centric settings though.

| >>716490 Hm. It's possible then for the vampire to pump the house full of sleeping gas and steadily dismantle a large enough section of the wall - if infiltration is not an option.

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1605682540

This thread is permanently archived