danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Is this what anxiety is?

| I just have a feeling that something is wrong. Not anything specific, mind you, like leaving the oven on or not locking the door upon leaving, just a general feeling that *something* is not right. And it's pretty strong, too. Literally nauseating, even. There's literally zero reason for me to feel this way right now, other than maybe some unpleasant thoughts about myself and my life in general, but those have always been there and I've felt more or less okay. This is just weird.

| Yes

| Maybe

| Sounds like it. I've heard someone describing anxiety like you're on a chair that's falling backwards, but you never hit the floor, you're just stuck in that falling moment.

| You sound a lot like me, but I usually think of it as being sure that things are what they are supposed to be.

| That sounds a lot like me, but add some dread and waking up in a cold sweat because of... something.

| >>716169
I guess that's a pretty decent description. Maybe not as sudden and intense, but yeah, I get it.

>>716205
It's more like being sure that things are *not* what they are supposed to be, and checking everything over and over only to see that everything seems fine, and then stressing out over this discrepancy.

>>716223
Damn, sounds rough. Dread is definitely a relatable feeling though.

| Sure is homie. I know that feeling very well. It could help to try figuring out what the roots of it is. You mentioned that you have:
>unpleasant thoughts about myself and my life in general
You might have had those for a long time, but that doesn't mean that it can't be a part of it. This kinda stuff builds up over time. It feels like a sudden change, but once you start to figure out what the cause of the anxiety is you really that it ain't necessarily anything new.

Good luck :)

| *realize

| >>716286
And that's exactly why I'm not a big believer of the paranormal. In almost every case it just comes down to decreased mental health.

| >>716268
That might be part of it, but before it was normal. Now, not so much. Anything but, really. Maybe the nature of the issue didn't change, but the magnitude sure did, and I don't think I can pin down anything that could've served as a trigger. I guess the stress or something just exceeded my maximum capacity at some point.

>>716286
No offense, but I find that people who believe in paranormal stuff are just looking for an easy answer.

| In the words of G2 Jankos, "Life is beautiful and you have to live."

Total number of posts: 12, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1605636499

This thread is permanently archived