danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Does getting older scare anyone?

| Fear of missing out on your youth and goals? Falling out of touch and being seen as garbage by the generation coming In to replace you? Even the fear of becoming like the selfish assholes from generations prior and losing your way?

Or just aging as your looks fade?

| All of it. Our days are numbered and yknow those vids where they calculate how many hours a person has in average of their lifetime gives me horrible anxiety

| >>712542 I felt this.

| Yes.

I'm mostly afraid of running out of time more than anything else.

| It's hard to feel like your life is slipping from your fingertips and having nothing to do abt it idk

| I'm really afraid. Im so happy im not alone with this. The problem is that the anxiety is restraining me so hard from actually living my life, it's actually a self-fulfilling prophecy. And i don't recommend doing that.

| Sort of. I'm still really young. 17. But, due to being a dropout + a lot of personal problems I'm missing out on a lot of stuff. I get pretty childish from time to time and I used to have something called age regression, which can occur as a coping mechanism in people who struggle with a lot of stress, mental issues and who miss or want to keep the times when they were younger and carefree.

So, in some ways I am terrified of it, but, in other ways I think it might be for the best.

| I'm scared of body breaking down. That's why I (sometimes) exercise and (sometimes) try to have good posture.

| It definitely does scare me. For me it's mainly been the sense of being behind people my age socially/in experience, and that having blown through the time's it's supposed to be easy i might never find people i fit in with without huge luck, or change the reasons i'm in this situation.

Lately I've been thinking about the body more too though

| Hey, i feel the same feeling of being behind. Im 21 rn. And that i need luck to find people where i fit in. Strangely a lot of people feel like that but i never meet them... Or i meet them but i dont notice them. It's a strange world

| It's kinda weird that I'm still young but my life is already 1/5 of the way over if I live a long time. If I live to 60 or 70, I'm already 1/3, and if I lived in the far larger part of human history, I'd already be considerably past halfway. I don't know if I'm scared about it, but that proportion is always higher than I feel like it is.

| Yeah, mainly because of dementia. I'm scared of losing the memories I hold dear and the friends I made along the way. And the thought of me being a shell of myself keeps me up at night

| >>712981 Its a horrible way to go. Hope they can cure it one day.

| Yes. The flow of time is what scares me the most of all.

| Yeah I feel like most people are. I'm personally scared because i'm afraid of not having a job, or just having a terrible job with little pay.

| I am 25. I'm not really afraid of getting older, per se. There's nothing really to be afraid of. With how I am right now, I know I'm fucked either way, no matter what I do. So now I am just working on accepting that fact.

| I'm turning 24 on the 11th. I'm at the age where I just feel sort of lost, especially since I finished college with a degree I'm not sure I want to pursue - and the difficulty finding work because covid.

I feel like I'm drifting, I don't feel as old as I really am. And it worries me, I'm so unprepared for the future to come. I'm scared of being a complete screwup.

| >>713127 If it makes you fell better I'm 30 and still don't have shit figured out. Never helps not having money to go out and do things ether

| >>712981 I heard learning a second language can help reduce the risk of dementia

| I'm 24 and while I was thinking of suicide at about this age. Keep postponing it. Mostly I'm afraid of being worse than nobody at 30 and I'm sure I will. Yet hope does die last.

| I'm 21 and i want to die too and i postpone it aswell

| I guess I'm the only one who has pretty much made peace with the idea? I've learned to just take things in stride, to just accept how things always change and nothing last forever. I try my best each day to do things I will not regret, but also, making mistakes and bad decisions is just an everyday human thing, so I learn to forgive myself more.

I'm 23, by the way. Not quite sure where I want to be in life, but I'm trying my best.

| 25 here, I'm fighting off that fear by being a crazy person and doing neat stuff however wuhan-chan has made things less fun as of late

| 17 here and on college, from the age 15 I never really felt young anymore, my body felt more different and so does my views on things. I am somewhat scared, I had many people close who had died that it feels as a normal occurance, I couldnt seem to bring any emotion, Im just afraid that as I grow I become less of a human being. Dying on the other hand I do not necessarily fear, I am not exactly into any religion although my whole family is in one. I will accept death if it comes.

| >>4a3850 >>4a3850

Geez and I thought I was the oldfag at 25 gg. I have though heard that your 30s is when you actually start to accomplish shit while you're 20s is just a confusing slog

| >>714127

Surprisingly, yes. I'm not entirely sure why that's the case though.

Maybe it takes people like 30 years on average to figure out what they should be doing with their life.

| >>4a3850

I was the stereotypical troubled teen but I planned ahead enough to have college figured out. Now I'm in the middle of my 20s and still just doing random shit but C19 is part of my lack of direction. Idk I figure I'll either be dead before I hit 30 or I'll figure something out.

| 35. I can feel my body start to fail. Things are just harder in general, because in my head I still feel like I'm 20. Every day the dissonance grows.
Get things done and find a wife by your late 20's, things only get much harder from there.
I'm actually looking forward to what comes after, but I'm a bit biased. I have someone waiting for me on the other side.

| >>714921

>>headpats

| Yes, last 3 birthdays celebrations i had panic attacks..

| It just make me happier to know one more year less to sweat release of death.

| >>715073
>Happy birthday day to you! Happy birthday day to you! Happy birthday dear belowed f-
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Total number of posts: 33, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1605500602

This thread is permanently archived