danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
have you ever smiled at a stranger?

| if you have, how did it go? i used to do this, sometimes i would get ignored and sometimes i get a smile back

| I'm too much of an anxious mess for something like that. Trying avoiding looking at people in general, and seeing others looking or smiling at me almost gives me a heart attack every time

| I'm too ugly

| Ugly or not doesn't matter. I've found it can make some others happy. Sometimes you get a nice conversation.

| I wish I could be that kind of person who brings joy by smiling at people but I don't think I am. Most people won't smile back and a few even shudder away.

Maybe I will try again? In my doctors notes it even says that my smile reaches my eyes and is a genuine smile. So even if I'm depressed I can still smile for real.

| I smile at people just to be polite, usually if I get too close to the other person or I'm trying to pass by, I just smile and politely apologize lolol I don't think people say much but "it's okay" or "no problem" and keep it trucking. I think I smile the best when I'm depressed since I have work harder to seem happier or maybe at work since I have to lie and pretend I don't hate my job lololol

| I do sometimes, if someone does something I like.

| I do that to annoy them. Works all the time.

| I smile when I'm happy, sometimes a stranger happens to stand at the direction of my smile

| Can't. If i smile at people, they get the idea that i'm interested in them and it'll tolerate their catcalling (´-﹏-`;)

| >>701275
Those aren't people g/u/rl. They're called incels.

| >>701326 we have.. we have a lot of incels then.

| >>701328
Well, they could be chads as well. Both incels and chads lack the social awareness to understand that someone smiling does not equal them wanting to fuck.

| It's pretty difficult for me to just suddenly smile, both physically and psychologically. I really want to learn how to do it, though. But the few times I've tried, I've failed so miserably, I don't think I'll be trying any time soon.

| >>701340
The fact that you're overthinking it and "trying" is the problem. It has to happen naturally.

| >>701362
Well, it doesn't just happen on its own. So I have to do something.

| Not only do I smile, sometimes I'll talk with them.

On rare occasion they don't react or say. nothing.

| yes i've smelled a stranger

OH YOU MEANT SMILED?

| I remember a year ago I smiled at a random pretty girl in the street for the sake of it and I actually got a smile back. It brightens your day a bit for sure, it's a nice feeling.

| >>702289
Yeah! Smiles are super nice!
I'm the OP of the "might make a friend" thread, and it makes me feel a lot better every time she smiles at me. It's just wholesome!

Total number of posts: 20, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1601708973

This thread is permanently archived