danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Does anyone else experience the urge to self mutilate?

| For a pretty long time (over a few yrs) I've had the urge to take out my left eye, ofc I know it's bad and I won't do it but now it's moving onto cutting off my fingers like there's a tingly sensation that I just feel won't go away until I get rid of the ones that feel itchy. I was jw if anyone else can relate or maybe going through the same thing?

| Nope, can't see any benefits of doing those actions.

| "urge," maybe not. I often have thoughts of purposefully damaging my eyes pop into my head, but I know I'm not going to nor want to do that.

|

| Nah I actually have a great will to live a long life despite anything that might happen and that includes ensuring I don't hurt myself even if for some reason I'd want to do it.

| I think you should speak about it with a professional, I don't want anything bad happening to you gurl :<

| Sometimes I want to self harm, bit I know people who do and have been addicted to doing so, so I keep myself from doing it. If you ever been, like, genuinely close to doing it, listen to >>679731.

If it's just random thoughts and you don't think you'd ever do it, then you're probably just overthinking things.

| Ex self harmer here (if I can call myself that) but yeah I get urges to just go all out sometimes like I just want to punish myself to the point where I want others to shame me like cutting my face or self flagellation on my back which would leave huge scars. I want to punish myself for not being enough, for being so disgusting, etc. I think I cut my arm so much that there are times it tingles as if it's losing sensation

| I wonder if OP is talking about that? Still, any thoughts to harm yourself whether cutting or trying to cut out a body part you should talk to someone. Talk to a TRUSTED friend or family member or professionals (doctors/therapist) if you are able to. I wish you the best of luck, g/u/el! Self harming is one of those habits that is best never started.

| I may be wrong, but there's a psychological phenomenon called the call of the void, the urge to self-harm which doesn't really come into reality bc you know it's bad or smth

| >>680281
Correct.

| >>680281
Same.

| I relate. I sometimes have the urge to permanently cut something off my body.
I have a history of self harm, some left scars but I never done myself any major damage on purpose.

I have a big injury from the time I fought in MMA, but luckily it doesn't limit me for the time being (some doctors claim that it will eventually get worse because I refuse a surgery)

I wish for your well being my friend. If the urge is too strong, try not to go beyond cutting.

| sounds like body integrity dysphoria maybe? see a doc about that if you're particularly worried about it

| I always want to cut my hair and fingernails all the time.. they feel so unhygienic

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1595246856

This thread is permanently archived