danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Does circumstance/environment justify a person's action of being a dick?

| ?

| Environment shapes people, so if the environment they grew up in made them turn out to be a dick then yes

Circumstance is a bit trickier since those are more variable, but yeah they can justify dick behaviour as well

| No it doesn't.

| It honestly depends, but more often than not a dickhead can be understood and can change when confronted (at least in my experience)

It isn't an open and shut case. There are many things that causes a person's attitude to change. Culture, Religion, Family, Peers, Personal Principles. It's a tricky thing to talk about because they're so variable.

However, listening to the person's side of things will reveal more than his dick nature. After all, everyone has their problems. 1/2

| To say that being a dick is justifiable isnt right. No matter how hard circumstances can be, there is always a way to redeem yourself. Which i think is what it comes down to.

Sorry for the anecdote, but my now close friend was a huge dick. He was shit on and he returned the favour. But after my class learned of his circumstances, we befriended him, supported him. Eventually, he turned out well. We hang out, and though his old habits slip out, it never really becomes a problem. 2/2

| >>689488
I very much agree with you.

| >>674085 >>674087 This.

| It explains it. It doesn't justify it.

| >>674241 exactly. People have a repsponsibility to try to make things better... that means not doing bad stuff personally, but it also means trying to minimize others doing harm, and you can't do that without understanding circumstances that tend to make them doing so more likely

Total number of posts: 9, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1593492608

This thread is permanently archived