danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
how to exercise

| am I supposed to go until I can't go anymore? with rest in between? ??? I want to avoid injuries because it makes me unable to exercise for a couple days and every time it happens I feel like my progress has been reset. also I decided my workout of choice atm would be gradually getting into push up (starting with push ups on guard rails)

| I would say definitely take it slow at first and also work on nutrition. It is very much a major key in building your body. As for taking it slow. Maybe do walks instead of full blown sprints and long jogs if you don't regularly exercise. Then move on to the runs once you have lost weight and gotten used to the walks. It runs similar to most exercise. Start slow and learn the basics and have good form then work up. It will take time. Up to years to get where you want.

| Yeah, exercising until you can't go anymore is an easy trap to fall into. My approach was to start as lazily as possible with the bare minimum to feel tired afterwards, since that makes it a lot easier to keep it up for a few weeks and make the exercise into a habitual part of your routine. Once it feels like a natural part of your day, then you can slowly start stepping up the intensity.

| Yeah, exercising until you can't go anymore is an easy trap to fall into. My approach was to start as lazily as possible with the bare minimum to feel tired afterwards, since that makes it a lot easier to keep it up for a few weeks and make the exercise into a habitual part of your routine. Once it feels like a natural part of your day, then you can slowly start stepping up the intensity.

| do onepunchman exercise. if difficult, split it into 2 parts: 50 in the morning and 50 in the evening

| OP here. I decided to alternate between arm and leg day with crunches 5-6 days a week for now. I find that with the guard rail push up my arms get less sore than with barbells so I would be less likely to give up I think.

>>674262 I'd like to keep my hair please..

jokes aside I actually researched opm exercise and the consensus seems to be that exercising everyday is dangerous and sit ups isn't a very good exercise in general

| Just to be clear I meant arm day MWF, leg day TThS and crunches Mon-Sat

| >>674450
Wait, why isn't sit ups a good exercise?

| >>674450 exercise every day out of the bat is dangerous. If you do want to do something constant and work it into your routine. That is fine. People who do hard work day in and day out are generally fairly fine and fit but,they almost always slowly work it into their routine of hard work. That is how I see it. Also generally when exercising we are putting our bodies to their limits and that is when you need down time.

| >>673988
Start with the Couch to 5k program.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/couch-to-5k-week-by-week/

| >>674549 not an op, but these programmes look good, maybe I'll try them too

| >>674471 it uses little core muscle and doing it too much is a risk of spinal injury. crunches is basically half of sit up that only uses core muscle (the other half uses leg muscles) but it has the same risk of spinal injury/degeneration so I'm looking for alternative ab workout

| >>674549 interesting. the only problem being that I hate going outside. but it's easy to follow so we'll see

| >>674549 thanks btw

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1593764274

This thread is permanently archived