danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I think I might be a bad person

| I was in a discord call w/ someone I know who is super depressed and being super pessimistic around them, and they tried to kill themselves while still in the call and i was barely even phased by it. I might be broken

| apathy is a symptom. read mishima.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KrQTQwgWDo

| I doubt that not caring about someone else's theatrics in a goddamn discord call can be classified as a symptom of being "broken". But even if it was indeed real and not some minor self-induced mental breakdown - while de jure indifference in that situation is not "normal" - it's not bad. As long as you care about things that are important to you - you are good, g/u/rl. But talking about it with someone qualified is a good idea anyway.

| My father once lost his daughter, which is from another mother, who died in carriage and I didn't feel anything. No sadness, nothing. I felt like a piece of shit afterwards. Why can't I shed tears like everyone else?

| Then, my cousin came to me and said that I'm not a piece of shit for not shedding tears for someone I barely know. Then, it came to me. If you are obligated to feel bad for everyone's problems then doctors and psychiatrists everywhere would be at the brink of madness by now. Surely though, if I lost someone I love, I'd bawl my eyes out for more than a year.

| It might be shock, or maybe you don't care about that person. I don't know, but you should take the advice of >>673908 and talk to a professional. Stuff like that can be symptoms of lots of different things, and some of those things could b pretty serious.

| *could be

| Bad people don't tend to worry about whether they're bad.
Feeling emotionally numb or apathetic doesn't make you a bad person.
Everyone responds to loss differently.
You're not at fault for your feelings. What matters is how you respond to them.

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1593430471

This thread is permanently archived