danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
is it common to not be happy with your gender?

| i constantly think about how much i hate my own gender and how upset it makes me knowing that i'll never have the benefits of being the opposite gender.

i think about how much it sucks to be me socially, physically, and mentally, all because of the way my gender works and how society wants and expects people of my gender to act.

is this a common thing among people? it's something that affects me a lot and i would like to know if anyone else deals with this

| It's mental sickness, go to doctor.
/thread

| Hmm. I'd say you're trans if it wasn't for the fact that you want the opposite gender simply for social benefits. That mindset sounds, well, not trans, and not healthy. I think you maybe should try to see a therapist or something about it, because it sounds like this feeling is caused by a lot of deeper issues.

| >>673336 Try to look into the negatives of the other gender and the posiyives of your current one. It may give you more perspective.

| >>673342
i don't want to be the opposite gender simply for social benefits, it's physical ones as well. and i'm not capable of seeing a therapist at the moment, unfortunately.

| >>673349
Ah, okay. You should still check in with a therapist when you can.

| >>673353
i'm not sure when i'll be able to do that, as i'm just a teenager and i can't really trust my parents with things like that

| >>673356
If you're above 16 you should be able to get one by yourself in most countries. Your parents don't have to know about it.

| >>673356 You should trust your parents, if they not stupid-tolerant people.

| It's pretty common to be unhappy with your life, yes. I don't understand how people manage to narrow it down to gender. I'd change my gender if I can, but then I'd still have other problems for simply being alive. Problems like adhd, mild dyslexia, and asperger's. Seek therapy my friend. It doesn't need to be a professional if you can't afford it, just find someone who'd listen (and I mean listen, it's easy for people to pretend that they care).

| That and also find a hobby. Self-expression is one way to cope with reality. You can be one of those pro LGBTQ+ indie game developer if you're into that, or a cosplayer.

| It's not rare for people to be happy with specific things in general, maybe you just feel different, human psychology is unique between beings.

| unhappy* with specific things in general, fuck me, I need to check my spelling.

| >>673336
> all because of the way my gender works and how society wants and expects people of my gender to act.
You don't need to be somebody who society expects you to be, OP.

| >>673437
Yeah no unfortunately that's just straight up not how life works.

| >>673337
This.

| >>673440
Yeah? Then tell me why it works for me.
All you gotta do is to pay your bills, everything else is up to you if you comply or not.

| >>673461
That's literally all society expects of you homie. I'm sorry if you thought otherwise, but as long as you work and help keep money in circulation that's all society as a whole cares about.

| >>673486 not gonna lie you had us in the first part

| >>673499
>673453

Total number of posts: 20, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1593186240

This thread is permanently archived