danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
proposal

| delete /new/

allow LQ .mp3 uploads to /mu/
or delete /mu/ and post that stuff in /u/

| If /new/ gets deleted all that cancer would end up here, so I'm opposed to that.

Allowing .mp3 uploads on /mu/ could be cool, but also, I feel like nobody would use that feature. Deleting /mu/ seems unnecessary though, but it's true it doesn't really get used.

| >>668183
1. maybe enforce the antipolitics banhammer?
2. then don't get mad if i post music on /u/ for more (you)s...

| I'm also in favour of keeping /new/ to avoid /u/ becoming the default politics board.

MP3 sharing would be cool, but I do wonder how many people still care about MP3. Honestly I never use it unless I need an audio file for editing, plus it opens up a whole ton of legal issues for danger/u/ that kinda aren't needed.

| Potential legal issues*

| Yeah an upload feature for /mu/ would take too much time and energy to moderate. It's better to keep that separate and just link URLs. I'm sure there are sites for sharing Creative Common licensed music that we can use instead.

| Dont delete boards, just add more, destroying a nest makes the bugs move out and spread even more

| If it were up to me, I would just delete /new/ and enforce a board wide ban on politics period. But sometimes /new/ is capable of good things. And even then, if I just lock threads, 99% of people who read and don't participate can still read the news reports at their leisure.

| There's no way that we're going to allow file sharing here, for hopefully obvious reasons. Even the games threads in /v/ are watched carefully for any warez/crack dumping, because that's the wrong kind of attention we want to attract.

| >>668184 >>668218
Is there an actual rule against discussing politics on this site?

Because I frequent those discussions often but will stop if it's frowned upon. I just don't want this site to turn into another 4chan/place for hatemongering.

| >>668229

There isn't a "hard" rule but generally politics is frowned upon anywhere outside /news/, and will often be called out by frequenters of those boards, if a mod doesn't lock it first. Usually we move it/dump it into /news/ if it isn't already locked for infighting. On the whole, most people visit this site to get away from the usual junk in every other board/reddit/chan/socmed, so you can probably understand why they'd be angry.

>>668243

That's part of it. But ultimately Pref just wanted to keep the website specifically a text board, just like it is in VA-11, Hall-a.

We do also have an Augmented Eye- its an in universe news site like in the original game, although its currently canon to the /cyb/ roleplaying board. You can read it at the following link:

augmented.dangeru.us.

And Kira Miki's Blog:

kiramiki.dangeru.us.

| >>668252
>those links
damn i'm getting deeper!
deeper into the WIRED!!!

| erk, bluetext lacks contrast so it kills my eyes

| >>668286
i just select it

| >>668286

Sorry!

| >>668292
waaa nice one ! becomes black text on dark blue background for me tho...

>>668297
np i'll switch to inverted colors next time !

| >>668243 "just launch an augmented eye" your newg/u/rl is showing. Lurk more.

| >>668430
For real.

| >>668430 >>668440
i've been here for years and i'm still ... how do i put it

| >>668489
In need of special education?

| >>668507
funny you said that since i had a troubled childhood, problems with education, and generally was thrown into life

| >>668524
Same homie.

| >>668524 >>668535
stop before i pat ur heads ;_;

| >>668580
Can I both stop and get a headpat? I really want a headpat but I don't want to bother you.

| >>668609
oh sure

>pat

| >>668610
Thank you :)

| So you want to illegally share music?

| >>668297 a lighter blue helps and IMO maintains a similar aesthetic

| but that's just my suggestion.

| as for /new/ sometimes it's a shit but rather it stays there than leaks here.

sometimes it isn't a shit though, there's some ok threads I read through here and there.

| music uploads there is a huge legal issue as mentioned earlier, essentially holding the owners liable for pirating content.

Total number of posts: 31, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1591805838

This thread is permanently archived