danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I love my sister and regret a lot

| I just want to give her a hug and let her know I'm here for her. I want to spend time with her and laugh together with her. I want to talk to her about life and whatever else comes to mind. I want here to know I love her, no matter what, but I've done nothing but ignore her and be rude to her for so many years now.

Sure, it's mostly been because of my mental health being completely fucked, but, I regret it so, so much, and I want to be friends with her.

| I'm gonna fix it. I'm gonna spend time with her and become friends with her. I'm gonna be a big brother for once.

| Ok. Good luck OP.

| >>667958
Thank you. I really needed that. I'm honestly kind of terrified, but hopefully it'll go well and I'm just overthinking stuff.

| Try to explain the situation to her, OP.
Say how you feel, just be honest, tell her what you have told us!
I'm sure she will appreciate it.

| >>668028
She's 12, so, I'm not so sure she would, honestly. Maybe after I've gotten to know her.

| Show her this thread

| >>668264
Dear OP's sister: don't ask what is in the ice cream

| >>668266
Wanna know the worst thing?
I'm the one who made that thread.
It was all obviously a joke, but there's no way I'm showing her /u/, just in case.
-OP

| >>668264
No. She's not that good at reading English, and I feel like telling her this straight up right away isn't the right way to handle it considering her age.

| >>668300
>didn't see that coming...

| >>668306
Neither did s-
I shouldn't make that joke in a serious thread like this.

| Good luck, OP.

| >>668300 THE PLOT, MUCH LIKE CUM, THICKENS...

| >>668435
I never should have admitted that, should I? Fuck sake. After 4 years of ignoring and sometimes being mean to my sister, giving her low self-esteem and possibly some issues with anxiety, I finally realise that I've fucked up and want to make up for it, and then it just turns into "ice cream cummies" jokes.

| Nice life, I mean, nice meme, OP.

| so this thread's a lie!

| >>668487
I know y'all are trolling, but it really isn't. For all you know, me being ice cream OP is the lie. I really do feel like a stranger to my sister, and it's my fault, and I do genuinely want to make things right.

| Let's at least acknowledge OP is trying to be a better person...

Also making threads on /d/ doesn't mean shit.

| >>668509
Thanks homie. I know they're just playing, but still.
Also, I agree. /d/ threads don't mean shit. I've made so much cancer there just for entertainment.

| >>7b86d2 good luck, try to be as sincere as possible and if she idk, rage and start spitting fire at you, maybe she didn't even mean it the same way you also didn't, so take everything with a grain of salt, and listen to her, let her let that all out and go from there, it doesn't need to be like a movie scene or something
well... thats how i manage stuff, im really proud of you thinking like that and wanting to fix things
good luck again

| >>668629
Thank you. I almost wish she would get made at me, but, know she won't. That's what makes me such an asshole. She's really, really nice and she genuinely looks up to me and cares about me, and I've acted like that despite having literally the best sister I could ask for.

| She's 12 OP. You've got lots of time to correct your mistakes. All you gotta do is knock on her door and ask her if she wants some cummies ice cream to play some video games or smthn.

| >>668928
Yeah. That's why I want to do it now. I've thought about waiting until she's more mature, but then we wouldn't have any real connection before that, so, yeah. I'll definitely ask her if she wants to eat ice cream that has NOT been cameth upon or in and if she wants to play some vidya. I might ask her to play some Smash Ultimate today if she's not busy.

| I played with her today! It was only an hour, but, it was nice. I could tell she has low self-esteem, but, it seemed like she had fun, and I did too.

| Follow your own advice and feed her the ice cream cummies, you coward!

| >>669071 don't do what she said OP!>BUT a g/u/rl won't go back on her own thread!

| >>669071
That thread was about being peer pressured into it. That's, like, the opposite of my advice.

| >>668989 Yay! I'm glad it went well.

| >>669141
Thank you :)
She's not home today, and I'm not home tomorrow, but, I hope I can get a chance to be with her again soon.

| I have an 8 yo cousin. I used to be very nice to her, always dedicating all of my time to entertain her when she comes over. But I hated every minute of it. It's just that she's always bored and she thinks as I'm youngest person around and do video games, I'm gonna like what she likes. But stuff she likes is so fucking bad.

| She used to be into that mobile carbon copy of minecraft, that just has less and feels worse and she calls it minecraft. I said it's not minecraft, it's some chinese fake (not my exact words perhaps), and she's like so what?
And she always asks to play the games I play, but she's so bad. Worst of all, of course, is that she's incapable of learning. I wish she was more like me in my 8yo. Having a job now I don't have any willpower to play with her anymore. Too little time for self.

| I kinda do wish I could've been a better aniki, but at the same time she's just not the kid I wanted. It's to taxing to spent time doing things you hate. Hopefully she'll understand when she grows up and doesn't peg me as an asshole. Don't meet often anyway. The point is good luck op, hope your kyoudai relationship works better than mine.

| >>971ff9
Not being rude, but that is all on you. Expecting a little kid to think the same as someone who's older and understand and care about the stuff you do is idiotic and unrealistic. Your mindset is part of why my relationship to my sister is so bad. "Not the kid you wanted" is some of the most toxic shit I've heard, and mindsets like that are often what leads to kids getting depressed and feeling worthless. I don't blame you at all btw, but I hope that shit changes one day.

| >>669294 Yeah, sure. I guess I wasn't much different in my 8yo. Less needy maybe. I hope so too, thanks.

| >>669409
Possibly, but also, that's just how kids are. They can't really choose whether or not to be like that yet.

| >>669294
>not being rude
>call her idiotic & toxic

Nice meme

| >>669454
It's a toxic mentality. It's not her fault she has it.

| >>669294
good post...

| >>971ff9
>elitism about what games you play
>using anime vocabulary
Not being rude, but youre a cringelord :/

| >>669885
Ay, don't be mean to the homie. There's nothing wrong with that.

| >>669885
Playing games that are fun isn't elitism, it's common sense.
If you insert not being rude before something rude it doesn't become any less rude you know? But what do I know.

| >>669961
Let's not derail the thread please :)

Total number of posts: 43, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1592264841

This thread is permanently archived