danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
/b/ for books!

| I swear I would love if a book section got added and would use it so much

| That would be cool, but I doubt that it'll live for long. Just look at /mu/ or other hobby-centric section. Except /d/.

| Nothing stops you from creating threads in /b/. And if you'll amass enough interested people - I'm shure that devs will carve out a place for you lot.

| That would be....../LIT/

| >>629670
That would actually be a fitting name for it though...

| >>629696
that's what the board is called on the fourth channel

| isn't /lit/ the name of the lainchan one
and you know we aren't lainchan

| /boo/, /b/?

| I think for starters you should try to complete this thread to 250 posts limit. No point to think about separate board if you can't keep people interested in the topic

| >>e101ed u're right. Even if that a good idea, there's not enough active interested people for.

| Alright then what about books you guys are reading?

I'm reading the witcher currently it's pretty good.

| I'm reading Nekomonogatari Shiro. Fucking love the Monogatari series.

| I justo finished warcross series, it was awesome

| Harry Potter and rational methods

This is the best Harry Potter book
It is actually a fanfic but it is so good that was printed in a lot of languages

Instead of retardet father Harry got well educated and loving one, also every pothole were patched. This has significant influence, for example MC is smart, love books, love to find methods how to abuse gold price difference between goblin bank and outside world, uses scientific method for analysing magic stuff and etc

| *every plothole

| That sounds interesting

| >>630137 good harry Potter fan fiction? is it well written.. I've have some bad experiences with fan fiction

| I used to write fan fiction! Really lewd heartbeat-raising juices-dribbling fan fiction that would make you breath fast. If you weren't careful, a cute blush would spread across you're face as you grip your phone harder.

| >>630211 sample or it didn't happen

| >>630190
Really well written, ask Google about it
There is no trash, lewd or trashlewd stuff like in other fanfics

| Your Story is a really good book. Take a day to just read it in a single sitting, it's an experience. It's even a free book. Just ignore the grammar issues because it was translated directly from Japanese.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bA1AIZQ4sfkhe4XHxl-a2VKfRAWbzo9M/view

| My coworker is trying to learn English, I'm bringing her the tales of the jazz age in English to read.

| imagine actually reading lol

| >>630137
Isn't that book a satire? Not as in it's joke, but as in it makes fun of the original material.

Anyway, anyone here into (English-language) fantasy novels? Science fiction? Because I have a pile of recs and want more recs.

| >>630368
>trying to learn english
>given short stories written in 1920s
Gurl, that's pretty nasty. Give your friend something modern that's easy. A children novel or something

| >>630466 ah Yesss

do you have a recommendation?

I found red rising a good novel kind of like the worse version of enders game but it has its charm

| >>630433 and for you sir who might not be able to commit to a novel then I would recommend some short stories. perhaps semplica girl diaries, a weird one to start out with. or if that's too long try the lottery by Jackson I think?

| >>630593
Haven't heard of Red Rising before and from reading the summary it feels like an edgyish sci-fi soap opera...? Perfect.

I read The Lies of Locke Lamora a couple of weeks back and it's one of the very few books that make me rush all the way through because it's so good. Bit too heavy on the worldbuilding, but otherwise it's *chef's kiss*. It's basically a fantasy-tinted caper/mafia story.

| A lot of great novels here https://vgperson.com/novels.php

| >>630467
She's not a complete zero, she'll be fine

| >>630942
As a non-native speaker who is pretty damn good at English, I'm not sure. I tried to read Call of Cthulu just two years ago, and I was pretty good back then too, and that shit was fucking heavy and confusing due to the old language and words it used. Like, I read English modern books no problem, but that old shit is a completely different beast.

| >>630959
And this is awesome
The first time I've read the shadow over innsmouth I was pumped.
Also I've done three men in the boat as one of my first English books. And my first movie was the snatch.

| >>630959
that's a god damn power move, flexing on the people who struggle with shakespeare

Total number of posts: 33, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1583017589

This thread is permanently archived