danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Some people think I'm retarded and I think I agree

| I seem to be very different from other people, and not in a "WoW I'm UnIque And SpeCiAl" kind of way, but in just, like, a fundamental way. Just in the way my thought process works and in the way I act and that kind of stuff.

My dad thinks I have autism and my teacher has multiple times compared me to his asperger's daughter. All my closest friends have at least once told me that I'm kind of, like, mentally different from other people, so I don't know what to think.

| I go to therapy, so I have been checked for autism, which I don't have, but it seems most people, including me, believes that there's something off. I mean, maybe I'm just a weird cunt, but that doesn't seem to be the explanation, at least not a full explanation.

| does it bother anyone ?

| Being non-neurotypical doesn't mean you're retarded. It just means you're non-neurotypical.

That's fine. If it doesn't bother anyone, if your life isn't disrupted by it, it's nothing to worry about. Just live with it.

| Hey OP, like the last 2 replies have said.
If it doesn't bother anyone, don't worry about it. If it bothers you what people think about you, don't worry you'll get over that soon enough.

About so and so years ago I was officially diagnosed with OCD. Most people think OCD is just about being organized and shit. It's not. I go through so many different ritualistic behaviors a day. From washing my hands for 5 minutes to taking 30 minutes to get dressed. It's embarrassing sometimes...

| >>629314
Even at work I tend to do ritualistic behaviours.
At the end of the day though, even though it's embarrassing sometimes being seen doing my ritualistic behaviours. It doesn't bother anyone around me and if it does happen to bother someone around me I make sure to work around it.

Don't be embarrassed or afraid.
Learn to live with it.

| I also in some way fundamentally different from most my friend. Like super low emotional understanding and emotional expression. High capabilities to understand logical shit like math and physics
Total misunderstanding dabble minings and "hints"
I was thinking that im out from norm but i have found some retardet idea...

| There is MBTI
Theory of psychological typology
It started with statistics and was good but at some point through scientific method in window and become retardet shit
How to use it in useful way:
-Read about all 16 types
-Understand that people can be SUPER different
-Understand that you land somewhere between this types
-Understand that you are normal human being with your own good and bad sides

| >>629314
It doesn't really bother them, some people have even expressed that they like it. I don't think it bothers me, but it just feels kinda weird sometimes, you know?

I have OCD too, but it's mild, so no big rituals. That sounds extremely stressful.

>>629316
Thank you. I'm not really scared or embarrassed but I'll try to not have any negative feelings about it. Most of the time I don't and see it as a benefit, but some very few time it's not all good.

| >>629530
Oh, yeah. I have done that. I've done the tests that picks which one you are based one the answer and I've read through all of them, and I found which one I am, and that doesn't really explain it, at all.

| I mean, it explains my personality really well, but not all the other stuff, all the stuff that's pretty different.

| >>629557 of course it wouldn't, MBTI is just some worthless crap for teenage girls to share on their Instagram and associate with because it got some of the most common characteristics about them

| >>629567
Well, that's what it's for, no? General categorising of the 16 most common types. I mean, I wouldn't call it useless, because it feels kinda nice to read and can help explain behaviour, but it's not very advanced or anything.

| >>629573 well, what's the bloody point then? Like I couldn't figure out that I'm not particularly talkative but can behave very open around my friends? Wow test, you've really opened my eyes to what I really am - a bunch of letters! Thank you so much for being so inciteful! Now I'll go and post it on the internet so that other letters can reply, saying what letters they are, it's so purposeful!

| >>629574
You are very passionate about this.

| Mbti should not explain anything to you
I thought that knowing how diverse person can be would help you. This helped me
Maybe we have different issues

| >>629638
Well, probably. Mine isn't really a personality thing I think. Like, I of course know people are wildly different, it's just some weird shit with the way I think, my thought process and stuff you know?

| >>629658
What is so weird with your thought process?

| >>629757
It's hard to explain, but, like, I just seem to think very differently from others in a lot of ways. Idk. Like, I don't really know how to put it.

Total number of posts: 19, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1582482576

This thread is permanently archived