danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
how do you write a report for a psychologist?

| (1/3)
we met like three times and then she tells me that since she is part of the uni stuff and doesn't get money from me and has to answer upstairs i have to write a report about what we did basically? i never had to write like any of the work related reports so, feeling lost, i asked her for a clarification and was told to write what we did or didn't work through
but i'm still kinda lost because i don't know if i have to use any official lingo or what

| (2/3)
and i also feel like it's been too soon to talk about any issues that have been successfully "worked through" and i also was too chicken (also still shaken and in tears from the session) to ask again because that would be stupid, like when you had trouble hearing someone even after they repeated something once already
so now i'm gonna try to just blast through freestyle w/o any structure but i fear that it would be dumb?

| (3/3)
how do you even present it, does a handwritten a4 suffice or i should type and print it? it's more personal for the first but what if she has trouble reading my handwriting (which i've been told repeatedly is very uneven and generally sucks) or it's treated like a piece of paperwork and thus SHOULD be in print?
god help me i'm a mess and THIS ClOSE to doing both but i still want tips PLEASE HELP G/U/RLS

| Kinda shitty that you have to be the one writing it. Is this because the sessions are informal or something?

Like, hell, you don't get paid for this, you don't get marks for this, why are you doing the work when you're the client?

Just write whatever, don't think about it too much. Printed is probably best. If it needs to be in any specific format it's their fault for not telling you beforehand.

| Also isn't it a breach of privacy, having to tell anyone else about your session? I thought what patients tell doctors is confidential.

| >>626069 op here
Well first she aint a doctor shes a social worker I suppose mb different rules
Second, ugh maybe its for her eyes only and she only has to tell that this paper exists?
I tried looking stuff up but it only shows hella official paperworkstyle reports, like what kind of shit have you been up to which events you lead yadda yadda
and Im not really sure about it being unofficial since she has other ppl too
I just have really been too out of it when it was explained so..

| im extremely confused. why do you have to write a report? are you certain you are not being taken advantage of in some way?

writing reports for psychologists doesnt sound like a "thing" so i dont think there is an established way to do it.

| Is it really a report or some sort of cheat sheet for some evaluation she has.

| >>626078i think it sounds either like what you said, or op was really confused and shes just asking for like an evaluation or something.

my take is, in either scenario, there is no obligation to use any particular format or writing style. just freeball that shit if you think you have to write this. if you suspect youre being taken advantage of though, you need to find out who to report that to. unethical people like that must be weeded out from working in this field.

| (op)
Honestly by now I just really hope that it was just one of those homework pieces I heard about but she worded it really poorly and I got anxious and panicked
Cause aint I a clown

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1581496791

This thread is permanently archived