danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I hate my dad and I want my parents to divorce (venting/advice thread)

| Basically, my dad is toxic as fuck, as a "me VS them" mentality when it comes the me and my mom and he's generally just neglectful and a piece of shit. My mom is not happy with him and has told me that the only reason she hasn't gotten a divorce is because she thinks it would affect my little sister badly. I really dislike being at home because of him and I love my mom and my little sister, so I really want them to divorce but don't know what to do.

| move out

| >>624592
I'm not old enough to move out and due to some personal stuff I might not be able to finish school at a pace where I can have a proper job when I am old enough. I also can't stand the thought of having to live with him for more than a year longer than I've already had to. What I despise even more is the thought of me moving out and my mom and sister having to endure that shit on their own. Fuck that.

| >>624606 You can make the argument to your mom that he being in your lives will do more harm than good. Poisoned family is not better than no family.

| imagine you get an awesome replacement your sister loves, enabling her to grow with love and support
better than the crap you got now aye?

| >>624608
Yeah, I probably will, but she already knows it hurts me. I think she might believe that he can get better or something so that my sister won't have to feel the same things when she starts realising how trash our family situation is, but, idk. I don't know what she thinks. I really wish I did, because I don't understand why she still has him in her life, and not why she has him in mine and my sisters life. My sister deserves better than this shit.

| >>624655
Yeah! Exactly! That would make me so fucking happy, because love and support isn't what she'll be getting from our biological dad. Even without a replacement I'd gladly put in the extra time and effort to take a more parent like role in her life if necessary. I really, really want the best for her, and I feel like the best is unachievable with the dad we have now.

| Man. I'm at a friend's house right now and will be for the rest of the weekend. I will probably do this for most weekends for a while.

| Being at home is just way too draining and anxiety inducing.

| I swear. If this is the same g/u/rl who fed her sister their cummies ice cream, I will scream.

| >>625071
I'd never do something like that. I love her a lot, but not like that.

| Anone anone! Op cant change something for her mom, she has to make the decission if she wanted the divorse. so the only thing that you can actually do is ignore your dad and try to be the most happy for yourself. Good luck op-san

| NTR your mom and become your little sister's new dad.

| >>625274
Ignoring him is very, very hard when I have to see him every day and one of the toxic things he does is involve himself in everything and make it negative/talk shit/complain. So ignoring and avoiding him is not really possible, but thank you.

>>625280
That would probably be better than living with my dad, but also, no.

| I guess it'd be too hard to work part-time on top of what happens at home...
Sounds kinda weird but I've witnessed the "too young to move out" thing... and it fucking hurts.
It was probably not the same situation at all, but the feelings were as hard as you described.
Was really a pain watching someone deal with such heavy stuff in their home... so much tension for nothing.
Soon, hopefully we can help them when they're moving. It's been a time game... you can do this OP
stay safe !

| >>625350
Yeah, I can't take part-time. I can't even do school properly, and that's not because of him but because of some unrelated menal issues on top of that, so, yeah. If they don't get a divorce I guess I'll just have to endure it, but sleeping over at my friends house every weekend and being not at home for as long as possible every day, like, idk. I love being with friends, but I also don't want my own home to be somewhere I actively avoid.

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Total number of posts: 16, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1581220150

This thread is permanently archived