danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Timed entertainment

| So I find that if I put time constraints to my entertainment, I can be more focused on productive task during other times in the day. There's a problem though, youtube is accessible at all times, and I can check every few minutes to find new shitpost on [insert social media]. How do I bring back timed entertainment? Let's just assume that TV is dead because I don't live in the glorious land of anime.

| For my phone, I use an app I found on FDroid called "GET OFF YOUR PHONE" which allows you to lock apps for anywhere from like, half an hour to 3 hours. Unlike a different app I have, TimeLimit, I can't bypass this one, and I haven't tried uninstalling it.

You can install similar programs for computers, and you can even buy a plastic container that looks like a pyrex food container to lock your phone in, with a timed lock that can't be released until the countdown ends.

| I use Cold Turkey Blocker, because i have the urge to procrastinate by shitposting for hours otherwise. Should do the trick, OP. Focusme is a good alternative too. Assuming you use PC ofcourse.

| I don't use anything, I just don't have social media stuff. Only youtube, and that was enough to destroy my attention span.

| >>621251 >>621254

honestly I'm just wondering if scheduled entertainment is still a thing. I kinda like youtube channels with premiere, but those are kinda sporadic. I actually programmed my own focus helper, but I didn't use it because it requires determination and I have none of that. I'd rather have something to look forward to at the end of my productive hour.

that pyrex idea is wack tho.

| oh my god I looked up timed lock and it's a bondage gear.

I thought it sounded kinky and I was right

Total number of posts: 6, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1580234804

This thread is permanently archived