danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I want to have a boyfriend but...

| I want to have a partner to cuddle and hold hands and share my life with and I want to have kids and a family in the future.

But I seem to not be attracted to anyone. All the boys (or girls) I met are just ok, but not someone I want to always be with, you know. I never have the desire for sex either.

Fyi I'm in my 20s.

Is it possible to just never fall in love?

| It's probably technically possible, but it's not usual. It just takes time. While I'm a fair bit younger than you, I too have yet to find "the one". Like, I've never gone to a proper date, and I've never liked someone enough to invite them to one or try to get in a relationship with them. I also think having a partner sounds really nice, but a partner has not presented itself yet, so I'll just wait until I find someone I like enough, so hopefully that happens one day.

| Crash biology here its only around your 30'is your body goes into full baby making mode so its probs only for a time.
Best of lick OP

| >>610780 do you have close friends? Family? Maybe they are all you need right now. If you are happy and life is OK, then why worry about it?

But, if you are feeling really bad about it, you could get into therapy. There are mental (or physical) health issues relating to lack of libido and shallow relationships. Maybe you are blocking your feelings, or aren't feeling what you should. It just depends on how it's affecting you life.

If it's OK, then just enjoy being single for now.

| >>610816
I've kinda been drifting apart from my close friends, so I don't really have friends I automatically turn to now. I'm very close with my extended family, but I feel there's something transient about that now. My parents age. My cousins move on and start families of their own. I'm still all alone.

| I guess I'm just anxious for the future. Sure, I'm okay now, but what if I still haven't find anyone for years?

Should I look harder or something? How does that even work? Should I ask someone out even when I'm not into them? Should I just judge someone based on, like, the compatibility of our traits instead of any honest feeling? That feels kinda cruel.

| >>610849 If you wanna fuck for the sake of it, then sure, go ahead. Finding a partner ain't a one day process, if you can't find someone who you truly like, then forcing yourself into it will end up with you choking on that relationship.
Personally, I'd say a bond is something that grows spontaneously. So why not just go about your daily life until an opportunity presents itself, not like spending hours on shitty dating sites will give you your prince on a white stallion.

| It also depends what type pf areah your from and your relations with the people around you if your really out of it go to a bar for a few days but dont get too drunk just tipsy

| >>610849 I think it will work out for you. That anxiety can give you energy to try something new. Maybe it's to meet new people, or maybe to get into therapy. If you are really dissatisfied with how things are, then you can change them. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but you're not stuck in one place in your life forever. I'd say that maybe you have been depressed for a while, and it is starting to pile up. 20s is a very normal time for this, no more school structure etc

| >>610849 there are people, who can fall in love only after a long period of interaction with someone.
Personnaly, I fall in love too fast, so I can't really say anything helpful. Sorry for that and stay strong.
I have one song that really matches your situation, try finding "where are you" by Ai means love. Check it out, it's pretty good.

| >>610992 I have song too... it's different kind of song... very good for way to living.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRbhNQUZYh0

| Ur transphobic

| >>611097 lol, wut? Where did this come from?

| >>611097 >>611198
that's just a faggot. ignore it, it will go away

| i want to cuddle and hold hands and have a kid or two and im not attracted to others. the only real difference between us is that makes me a lowlife degenerate weirdo and if ur a gurl it makes you pure and wholesome.

i know there are males who have similar feelings as you do at any rate. that doesnt help you with the falling in love stuff though.

| >>610780
People fall in love over time, not at the drop of a hat. You spend time together until you wake up and realize that just being around them makes you so terribly happy.
Also, never wanting sex by your 20's signals you might have a problen with your endocrine system, have a hormone imbalance, or suffered some early childhpod trauma. I recommend seeing a doctor.

Total number of posts: 16, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1576621795

This thread is permanently archived