danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Mental Fuckage Advice Thread

| I've made a lot of threads about myself and my situation, but I know that a lot of g/u/rls here struggle with things like depression, anxiety and other mental issues. That's why I want a thread where we all can share methods we use that help us with those kinds of things, so we can all feel a little better.

While I'm personally pretty bad at handling it, focusing on hobbies and breathing helps me a lot. Just thinking about things I enjoy and deep breaths, even if it's hard to do.

| For example: making up a new, weird Magic deck with cards I just kind of stumbled upon online and focusing all my energy on trying to find cards that fit well with those.

Of course not everyone has Magic as a hobby, but little creative exercises like that can help me a lot if I'm able to start doing it. If it's anxiety that's hitting me I find deep breaths and talking to people to be very helpful. Calm breaths and just chatting for a bit on Discord can do miracles.

| I have a lot of hobbies I can deep dive into, but I'm always super anxious about my time. I'm always haunted by the things I have to do, but I always have trouble trying to get them done.

| Does anyone else get anxious around people?? I don't have any friends because of this. I used to have people I talked to (not friends) but I just isolated myself completely after I started high school because I didn't really feel any connection. I've been that way since I was little. I don't really get my family either...

Now even saying "hi" makes me tremble. Everyone else is applying to colleges and stuff I realized just how fucked I am. I'm a senior but mentally I'm like 12.

| Sorry I think I misread the thread desc.... I just wanted some advice on dealing with people anxiety hhhg

| i think hobbies would hypothetically be helpful for me, but i have never able to really find pleasure or get invested in anything, and i think this itself is a whole problem on its own that i dont know how to address

also you gurls all need to seriously take better care of your basic needs, that stuff is fundamental, none of this "im fine i got 4 hours of sleep" malarky, not eating well, etc

| >>602210
Have you found something that helps you manage it ?

| >>602211
That's alright. Venting is always good. It helps me a lot personally.

| Tulpa.info

| The solution I found was to not think. I mean, eventually you have to, but only while you're performing the task at hand. If everything goes well, and most of the tasks you perform on a daily basis are repeated, then eventually the movements come by themselves and you can do pretty much everything without thinking. You will be seen as an absent-minded little shit, but when you get to that point you're too busy trying to figure out what that cloud looks like to give a damn. Try it.

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1571207376

This thread is permanently archived