danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Lainism

| I recently jumped down the rabbit hole to find out about Lainism. It really interests me, and I would really love to learn even more. I want to believe in something outside of the norm. I'm almost desperate at this point, so please help me.

~Ahkri

| There's not that much about it outside of that one neocities page. What more do you want to know?

Also use /lain/ next time, it needs the threads.

| You could always try to find the remainder of the lain cult er group website site or see if it's still active with people. You know the one that says out need to sign up in order to ensure your saved once the system is reset or destroyed... Something like that.

| >>598758 Oh yeah, that was Systemspace. That shit flopped, I would have loved to join it though.

| >>598674 I don't really know... I just want to be able to believe it more. Not sure how to describe it.

~Ahkri (previous response is also me)

| >>598758 I don't think Systemspace had anything to do with Lain, and unfortunately I don't think anything from the original is still accessible.

There's no formal rules or texts for Lainism as far as I've seen. It's up to you as to how you believe more. You can always watch the show again if you need inspirationd

| >>598809 TSUKI, the founder of the SystemSpace cult, uses a lot of Lain imagery. The homepage has Lain, his pfp is Lain, there's a Lain channel, many of the members regularly visit re:wire, which is the Lainism discord server (they don't easily give out invites). Plus, there lore i s kinda similar to the actual Lain plot, in that we're all just jacked up in this hyper realistic augmented reality, and that this reality is just poorly balanced and he helps 'users' to migrate systems.

| >>598917 Couldn't have said it better myself.

| [1/2] System space was a beautiful unmitigated furracking disaster. Anyone who remains of the cult would be scattered around the internet in small groups, or will denounce it as a cringe stage in their lives. It's something most people move on from. The easiest thing to do going forwards would be to create a group (with necessary chatting platforms (ie. Discord, imageboard, forums, whatever)...

| [2/2] interested in exploring the separate schools of thought on Lainism, and looking to further flesh out what it really means and looks like in practice; recruit g/u/rls from here, Lainchan, and arisuchan. Is Cyberia still a thing? Just all the weird lil Lain communities; and then go exploring in the world of philosophy, religion, and the human soul together. Perhaps you'll even find some of the old members who still hang around.

| Nigger faggotism

Total number of posts: 11, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1569774113

This thread is permanently archived