danger/u/
Why does everything cost x.99?

| Are they hoping for profit from your unwanted cents? I pay with card btw

| Not American. Can't relate with your capitalism. Glory to the eternal leader o7, river fury bless

| Studies show that people perceive less precise numbers as smaller, is what I heard.

| >>1010952 weird
I always assume that something that costs 7.99 is just 8.0
>>1010949
This applies in EU too

| >>1010946 is because your brain is dumb and reads 7 oh that's less than 8 I'll get this one unless you think about it for more than a millisecond

| Psychology in grocery stores is a big thing, like that smell at target when you walk in they spent millions to engineer and test

| >>1010960 what smell am i not noticing at target

| >>1010956
> I always assume that something that costs 7.99 is just 8.0

Only if you give it more than millisecond of thought. They're banking on enough people not doing that

| it's just picking on lazy and new people visiting. so the value of the products are always confusing unless you put a bit of effort to use the math.
and this >>1010960 , placements are very impactful too.
as an example vegetables usually show up early so you can feel less bad when you see candies later.

| the candies are usually closest to the checkout so you might impulsively pick one up before you regret it or while waiting in line

| exactly

| i used to be guilty of doing that before the stores moved the more expensive candy closest to the checkout lines and thus my inner cheapskate prevailed

| Because $1699.99 vs $1700

| >>1011002 ohh shit is that *** a 0.1 cheaper?
fuck yeah, let's buy 10

but yeah see a number under a 1700 activates the consumer neuron and made us this it's way cheaper

| >>1011019
1699.99 is almost 1600 so it's cheaper than 1700 imo

change my mind

| >>1010982 too expensive. I'm neet and I ain't paying 10€/kg for some shit tier candies

| >>1011019 if you bought something pricing $1699.99 1700 times, you'd get an extra one basically for FREE compared to something pricing $1700

change my mind

| it exists to make my hello kitty g/u/rlfriend only peek at the price to tell me how many dollars she *needs* to remove from my account on her three new plushies each other day

| but yea, its as everyone says; to make the ignorant who dont think too much make a quicker decision my seeing a smaller number

most of the time, those people are the ones who arent paying and just grabbing for others to pay like kids and aforementioned significant others

Total number of posts: 19, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1712866007

This thread is closed.