danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Are you scared of emotion?

| Are you scared of the things you feel?
Are you scared of the emotions of others?
Are you scared of opening yourself up to emotion?

| personally, I don't have what it takes to hold up all the pain that comes from knowing any better. Some people are just grown to not be too much exposed to the ugly outside, so that it'd be possible to enjoy life in these limits.

| i used to be, but a few visits at the therapist's helped me start dealing with them, instead. i'm still retarded but more emotionally resilient now

| I'm free from earthly concept like that long ago

| 3 yes
0 no
(I will be treating this like a survey)

| not afraid but definitely overwhelmed

| this make more sense
>>1006770

| 3 yes
1 no

| Depends which, but sometimes, yeah. Life is so much harder when it makes you actually feel something. Suddenly this pointless dog and pony show has stakes and tricks you into thinking it matters.
Bad feelings plain suck and good feelings just give me anxiety over when they'll be dead and gone. Either way the moment they pop up I'm fucked. I'm not good at protecting myself from emotions but yeah, I'd say it's a pretty scary prospect.
Those of others are also a pain to navigate.

| Yes

| >>1006648 *fucks your mouth*

| >>1006795
Nihilism is double-edged. Both sides equally dangerous

5 yes
1 no

| >>1006795
>good feelings just give me anxiety over when they'll be dead and gone.

Damn, there're people that live like this? I didn't know.
Not trying to offend you in particular g/u/rl, I hope I don't come off as mean 'cause I think that really sucks to not be able to "just enjoy" the good feelings like I do
I guess I feel thankful to not feel anxiety arriving with good feelies.
I wish there's someway you can ease (and eventually erase) that anxiety of yours g/u/rl, I wish

| good feelings and bad feelings come and go, ebb and flow, like the tides of the ocean. and thats okay!

everyone will feel good and bad from time to time. bad times will always end, good times will always come back. an unstoppable cycle, maybe not as consistent as the sun and the moon, but certainly as inevitable.

as much as its easier said than done, try to appreciate when you're feeling down. it reminds you that you can still feel. then, look forward to your own little sunrise.

| not really. my abusive parents taught me how to numb myself to the bad emotions and only feel the good ones twice as much.

5 yes
2 no

| everyone got their own emotional ecosystem i guess, though share your secret to feeling good stuff twice as much lol

| >>1006648 I used to be, but now I am not....

| >>1006929 Dw. I can keep count just fine

7 yes
2 no

| Have you considered the teachings of Surak?

| >>1006946 surak these dick and balls, buddy

| mfs out there saying "have you heard of [fictional character]" when they actually mean leibniz are going to make me shit myself live on twitch

| finally, an entertaining twitch stream

| 9 yes
2 no

| nah bro just be so ironically detached it just becomes your default state . You don't need to be vulnerable or engage with anything if you just respond with kys.

| 10 yes
2 no

| OP just read your short answer and think we're insecure. Not everyone fucking "scared of emotion" gurl

| >>1007202
Maybe the word "scared" might come off the wrong way to some. What I'm looking for is whether people allow themselves to fully feel their emotions or if they hide from/avoid them
The previous message said they've made themselves intentionally detached from things to avoid being vulnerable. That is very explicitly not wanting to feel and avoiding emotion. That's how I judge it
The numbers added after the "surak this dick and balls" was a joke though lol

| So the reason I don't count some of the self reported yes or no is because in some of them it's clear they didn't understand the question
Idk if that's because of my phrasing or something else, but it doesn't really matter because most of those replies have the answer to what I'm asking inside of them
The simple replies I count, and the ones that seem confused but don't have much info + the replies that are unrelated to the topic I just ignore
Hope that helps :)

| >>1007215 yeah, there're definitly a better word for what you trying to ask, cuz I still have no idea what you want to know

| I hate my feelings and I also hate being numb so fuck me I guess. I don't want to be emotionally vulnerable it's embarrassing.

| >>1007223
Emotions. Do you do things to avoid feeling them, or dislike experiencing them, or repress them? Or do you let yourself experience the full range of them?
"Good" or "bad" emotions doesn't matter, a lot of you seem to be hung up on "good" and "bad"
If that explanation is not enough I don't think I could phrase it a way you'd understand

| 8 yes
2 no
(removed the joke ones)

| emotions are a fun game of whack a mole for me, even if I do wish I had a bit more emotional maturity sometimes

| >>1007232 i was wrong about my previous answer.
9 yes
1 no

| just don't give a fuck. you feel what you feel. emotions are chemicals.

| >>1007312
Respect that

9 yes
2 no

Total number of posts: 36, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1709811318

This thread is permanently archived