danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
iOS is worse than I thought

| I like the ipad for its pen.

But I didn’t expect the OS to be so terribly designed compared to the android.

For starters, they decide to separate photos and regular files for some reason. This might be the biggest offender because it prevents some (poorly ported from mac) apps from saving photos at all. It also put white background on transparent PNGs.

| Then there is the keyboard that is so buggy that it sometimes won’t show up at all. First letter gets capitalized when you move the cursor at random. Also you can’t tap to put the cursor in the middle of words. You need to use their awful spacebar “trackpad” to move the cursor precisely which is a waste of 99% of the rest of the (very big and precise) touchscreen.

I swear it has to be designed by apple users.. oh wait that’s me now :(

Sorry for the rant.. I needed to vent it out.

| itoddlers btfo

| iPhone is the second best smartphone I've owned. The best was the blackberry q10.
iOS has its stupid moments, but for me they're offset by other features I like.
Can't say anything about tablets, haven't used them.

| >>677107
BASADO

| Tablets are just bad in general. I'd much rather go with a convertible laptop, though it'll be tricky to find one that works well with GNU/Linux.

| >>677157
X2xx tablet series

| >>677157
It's not that hard to install and run gnu/linux desktop applications on an android tablet.

| >>677157
So a tablet with a keyboard?

| >>677214
most laptops run x86 i don't know of a tablet that does that, it's important for performance and software compatability
not to mention the battery and litteraly every onter componet including the housing

| >>677267
Convertible x86 tablet-laptops do exist.

| >>677267
Uhhh.. what? ARM chips perform quite well from experience. Are you just trying to say that you want i still wont call it gnu/linux on everything? (Or ethernet port, that's fair)

| >>677937
No one should call it gnu/linux as there prelty of linux without any gnu
anyhow how'd you do the underscore thing

| >>677267
this

Running Android in laptop-form sounds terrible. ARM is alright, and I hope it gains more support, but there's much more support for x86 in the desktop realm.

Just search "convertible laptop" and you'll see the x86 machines we're talking about.

Windows 10 has a tablet mode and multi-touch capabilities. If you wanna run linux (and I don't mean garbage Android), you'll need to find a convertible laptop that's confirmed to have driver support on linux.

| iOS has no native support for .WEBM files so thats a deal breaker for me :P

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1594604471

This thread is permanently archived