danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What's the best distro for using WINE?

| Is there anyway to still game on lower-end games if I have the right specs in my PC using a GNU/Linux distro running WINE? I'm sick of using Windows altogether but I love my gaymin.

| A GNU/Linux distro.

| I mean steams proton is the easiest so anything with good support for that

| Distro no.665

| Use Windows for gaming and Linux for other stuff. I don't know why'd you place Linux over Windows when you still get tracked by Google,Apple or whatever you're using. Grow up kid and accept our fate.

| Arch is kinda nice cuz the wiki is huge. Also have you thought about using Windows in a KVM? Might work for you as well.

| >>599094 in other words, not Ubuntu

| >>599079 windows 7. Just use a virtual machine or don't install linux.

| >>599246 I'm new to Linux, why not Ubuntu?

| >>599253 scratch that, Ubuntu was going to stop supporting 32-bit but it seems Canonical changed their minds and everything is fine again for Ubuntu

| >>599255 yeah they backpedaled when valve said they weren't going to package steam in 64 bit just for them

| >>ffa1e3
Just get any distro with a package manager and not too much bloat. Debian is great. Arch is awesome but needs a bit more tinkering. Fedora is also solid but I don't use it myself.

You can also use something like Ubuntu but for gaming it comes with a bunch of stuff that might lower performance. I'd rather recommend Linux mint since it's based on Ubuntu with some nice things added and lots of stuff removed.

| Also don't listen to the people recommending windowsbun a Linux discussion since they don't know Linux. It's like asking to an anti-vaxer about health issues or a Nazi about human rights.

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1569877362

This thread is permanently archived