danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How feasible would it be to make an artificial intelligence?

| With the current state the world is in, I want to create a sentient A.I./robot to live life after I've gone and died in some underwhelming way.

| I read somewhere of someone who built an AI for his homepage, so people can "chat" with him when he's away.

And then the guy died. One of his friend, tho, used the AI to get to know him and how/why he died or something like that.

... Okay now I'm not sure if that's really real or if it's just a fever dream I had.

| Personally I think actually general purpose AI is further away than we may think. However cool it may be I doubt I would experience it in my lifetime

>>590322 This sounds like perfect material for artsy student film.

| But could you have sex with your A.I.? Otherwise, it's not feasible to be making one.

| >>590344 I agree, gpai is a long ways off. would be super uncanny though if it happens

| >>1b1d65 You might be onto something there, dream or not. Chat bots are already advanced to some degree, it doesn't sound too implausible.

>>d74a48 While I agree that A.I. for the general public is quite a long ways off, how far we've come with technology has been rather fast.

The goal here is to simply create an A.I. from scratch, with everything I can do to make that happen. This is something to devote one's life to.

| >>ef5a58 That would be like having sex with your own child. Please don't do that.

Total number of posts: 7, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1566305513

This thread is permanently archived