danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Family is sad that I'm isolating

| Not the virus, but they were sad that I didn't join the 9 of them for Thanksgiving for a couple days. My mom was also just out of surgery and probably temporarily compromised because of it. And the niece that I probably got sick from was part of the 9. How can people be like this in a pandemic? Seriously?

| Well I do get them but isolating is best if you can mentally afford it, some people just cant and like Ive been isolating for 9 months and I still avoid goint out but I cant blame peopor for not lasting as long as I do.

Lockdowns really are not the way to go for most people

| >>719211
>Lockdowns really are not the way to go for most people
No, it IS the way to go. There are many things in live and nature that don't ask for individual desires. That's why humans have developed technology, but it's capabilities are limited in many cases as we can see now clearly.

| >>719332 even the world health organizations said that lockdowns are extreme, last case only and that its bad for the mental health of the people. If you wanna say otherwise then work hard, study a lot and talk to whoever runs WHO

| >>719338
Poverty and economical injustice were, are and will stay much more bad for (not only the mental) health of people. I think even the WHO (which a 1st world industry and rich peoples lobby organization in the first place) said that from time to time. But people, most importantly politicians and businessmen, ignore it and come up with lame excuses instead.
I prefer lockdowns over a pandemy, which in the end makes dumb people blaming jews for it - like always.

| >>719349 nice deviation from the main topic, lockdowns are not good for people and the economy, it does in contrast favors the elite, since small business cant afford to stay shut for long while big companies can not only wait but they also get rid of their competition so say what you but lockdowns will raise poverty

| >>719364 done properly they aren't. Look at places like taiwan, vietnam, l new zealand, etc.... they had a short disruptive lockdown, which sucked but people followed it because the government actually made it possible with things like food, guaranteeing their jobs would be there etc... and now they're living normally again except that travelers have to get tested and maybe quarantine. Way less disruptive than a few percent of the population dying and months of semi precautions

| >>719364
So summarized:
Lockdowns only accelerate things that were already happening all the time.

| >>719383 if you wanna use that as an arguement for lockdowns than why not use the same to justify not being ecological, global warming us also a natural process that we are accelerating

| >>719368 USA is way bigger than any of these countries, the laws are different, the age demographic, the amount of small business and things to figure out are also bigger and different than these countries. Why dont we just do like sweeden and dont lockdown, dont use masks and just live normaly until we get herd imminity? Cuz sweeden is different!

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1606592111

This thread is permanently archived