danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
For an experiment

| Whats your opinon on the ethics of human experiments? I've seen the idea of using criminals as test subjects while very radical,the data we would get from that would be very beneficial.

So whats your opinion on it?

| Are you talking about human testing against the subjects will? Ie, we force dangerous and inhumane practices on them for our own gain?

It's sosiopathic bullshit and nothing an emphatic being would even enterain imo.

It certainly wouldn't make rehabilitating prisoners any easier either.

| >>714256 hmmm good point

| Say, what if the experiments were just tests of medication, vaccines etc? How does that sound?

| >>714259
Are you still talking about human testing against the subjects will? Ie, we force dangerous and inhumane practices on them for our own gain?

It's sosiopathic bullshit and nothing an emphatic being would even enterain imo.

| >>714305 dont copy paste the same arguement, you could have just said that you still disagree gee.

And yeah I do agree with you

| I met a Chinese woman at a political conference two years back. She campaigned at the un and other places against organ harvesting and medical experimentation on people in Chinese prisons and she had some horror stories I remember.

| If it's not me or people who are close to me, idc "^^

| >>714664 china being china

| What if it were death row inmates?

| >>714687 Thats a good question, well I dont it would be ethical to experimenton them maybe kill them and use their organs dr donations but then they could exploit it, by lowering the requirements for a death penalty and start harvesting organs, so for me I think is a no. What about you guys?

| Only if it were niggers then sure.

| The moment we start to experiment on human beings - even we are talking confirmed death-row guys - we are accepting that human life can be traded for some kind of gain. And it'll all go downhill from there.
Best way to use prisoners? Labor. No uranium mines, mind you, just some good 'ol labor. They can even work instead of chinese children.

| >>714856 I agree

| >>714856
true, i'd rather keep those chinese kids in slavery while feeding and housing people that we've already decided to kill.

| >>714856 And this is how we got the American prison system enslaving their blacks for free labor, ie slavery but with several more steps.

| >>715818 if the prisioners cant even work what can they do them? Its never good enough huh

| >>715818
You're absolutely right. Utilizing prison labour is a downward spiral towards slavery and bogus convictions.

>>714856
I do not believe in prison labour as a successfull way of rehabilitation nor societal growth. America(and other places) should look at the hard data of countries with the lowest amount of recidivism and follow their model. Because their model fucking works.

| >>715862
maybe it's a cultural thing.

| >>715862 And "sitting in a cell with fellow criminals" is a great way to rehabilitate. There's a lot of variables between hard data and reality. Not in a "it's all bullshit" sense, but in a "completely different socioeconomic background" kind of way. There are also different numbers for people serving different sentences, ey? Besides, it's one thing to rework the prison system in a country with, what, 5mil people? My /city/ hovers around that number. And America is humongous.

| At least labor will be a good way to let prisoners put some of that tax-payer money to work while letting 'em get a taste of honest living. Also less time to socialize with other criminals and hurt each-other. In the meantime authorities can figure out more effective region-specific means of rehabilitation.

| >>715818 If your country is enslaving black people... American citizens kinda have problems that need a lot more attention. Mostly of "getting the fuck out of here" kind.

| >>715915
sadly that is not the case right now

| >>715940 And here I was - booking the ticket to Washington. No slavery for me (

| >>715913
>And "sitting in a cell with fellow criminals" is a great way to rehabilitate.
No one said that, asshole. The hard data from places that made it work certainly doesn't operate the way you claim the do...

| >>715913
I hate talking with ignorant people with strong opinions but I'll make an exception for you. Look up South Korea for example and claim that they have a population of 5mil so I can laugh you out of this thread.

The model works. No area with forced labour has ever managed to lower their recividism to substantialial levels, ever.

| >>716070 Ah, good ol' South Korea. Another place with oh-so-similar living conditions, mentality and recent history. They had so much time for crime after ww2, with being high-alert, recently restructured under US and living side-to-side with hellhole of a state. Also no guns.
You might as well throw me some numbers to back your words up, I'm interested. While you're at it - consider all of those pesky taxes that are flowing in prisons, infrastructure, jobs and people involved.

| >>716070 you are being very ignorant rn

| and how about we reduce poverty? A factor that is directly linked to crime rates

| >>716074
Do your have any actual counterarguments or...?

| >>716111 My ignorance and your generosity isn't the focus of this discussion, South Korea is indeed a bit bigger, but still not up to scale in the slightest and you haven't addressed socioeconomic differences, I've yet to see any statistics that you're basing your whole argument on... I believe we are finished if you're not going to finally act on the whole "laughing me out of this thread" thing and shove some rock hard data in my face.

| >>716131 There's a sinkhole for taxpayer money in cremation and utilization. On the bright side - some new jobs.

Total number of posts: 32, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1605606229

This thread is permanently archived